What can I say? I am fickle

pacecars

Well I just sold the CZ 527 .204 Ruger I bought and since I have been really wanting another Winchester 71 I have been watching a few of them on Gunbroker and they were going for stupid money and even the Brownings were going for more than what I thought the Winchesters should sell for. I am not talking collector quality either. These were ones with recoil pads and extra holes. Well there was one I was watching that didn’t have any bids with about 4 hours left so I put a bid on it for what I was willing to spend, which was the exact price of what I sold the CZ for. We had gone down to Gainesville for one of my wife’s follow up appointments (she is doing fantastic by the way and thanks for all of the prayers) and were about to head back when I put in the bid. I had basically forgot about it since I figured it would quickly go above my price. I checked my email a couple hours after we got home and no one else bid at all! Looks like I will have to hunt with a rifle at least once this year after all. As I said it ain’t a collector but looks to be in good shape with some decent checkering added and it was D&T for a side mount and the stock cut and a pad added. I will replace the old vented pad with a red Winchester version and hunt it for now and maybe do more cosmetic stuff later

rosewood

What cartridge is it?

Rosewood

rosewood

.348 Winchester
You rolling your own? Or is there factory fodder still available. I can honestly say, I have never held a .348 round in my hand. I do have a Marlin 93 in 38-55 that I adore.

Rosewood

pacecars

There is factory ammo and boutique ammo out there but it starts at about $5 a round. I will be reloading

Robert28

That’s how I ended up with my first ever 1911. I put in a bid of $400 for a new Springfield Milspec back in 2017 and dog gone if I didn’t get it. I was beyond shocked. Haven’t been that lucky getting a deal on GB since lol

Big7

The Oracle
Scared me to death there for a second..

I though for a minute you bought a .204 Ruger on Gunbroker.

I was wondering if you went ahead and ordered a new barrel. :bounce:

That's a fantastic cartridge. I wonder why it didn't hang around.

rosewood

There is factory ammo and boutique ammo out there but it starts at about $5 a round. I will be reloading
I couldn't afford the 38-55 if I didn't roll my own. I had to form my cases from 30-30 brass when I first got it. There was no 38-55 brass anywhere.

Rosewood