Got the sad news today - I have my lease one more season.

BamaGeorgialine

My Dad and one of his buddies had hunting rights to 800 acres on highway 54 behind Smith and Davis in Fayetteville. The guy that owned it lived in Texas and told my Dad to post it and look after it until he sold it. It had a few ponds and two lakes about 50 acres a piece on it. It was the absolute best. Especially being a teenager at the time. I knew that it would eventually get sold and was paranoid every year would be the last. Having that access really made me want my own hunting property someday. I bought a small track in Hancock County and hope to one day expand to more. Good luck finding your new place. I know how bad that sucks to lose your hunting rights.

Sorry to hear. It happened to us in SC two seasons ago... A family owned 1000 acre farm that the county bought. After that deer season ended, they literally cleared it and had the infrastructure going in for a EV battery plant and some other business ventures inside of 2 months!

My 14 year old killed his first deer there at age 7 and is still beside himself over it all. It still stings me as well. We've been looking for a lease since but it seems like I have better odds at winning the Powerball lottery. We're almost to the point of buying a small tract that we can have a little control over since a decent family lease is so rare.

Bucaramus

Sorry to hear. It happened to us in SC two seasons ago... A family owned 1000 acre farm that the county bought. After that deer season ended, they literally cleared it and had the infrastructure going in for a EV battery plant and some other business ventures inside of 2 months!

My 14 year old killed his first deer there at age 7 and is still beside himself over it all. It still stings me as well. We've been looking for a lease since but it seems like I have better odds at winning the Powerball lottery. We're almost to the point of buying a small tract that we can have a little control over since a decent family lease is so rare.
Where in SC?

I ask because we're giving one up this year in Edgefield, SC.
I used to hunt public land in Edgefield 20 years ago with a couple buddies. I always thought that area in the Forest was pretty.

Welcome to the Land of the Lost Hunters Club. It's a lousy place to be, and it's exceptionally bad when you live in FL!

Blackston

I ask because we're giving one up this year in Edgefield, SC.

I used to hunt public land in Edgefield 20 years ago with a couple buddies. I always thought that area in the Forest was pretty.

Welcome to the Land of the Lost Hunters Club. It's a lousy place to be, and it's exceptionally bad when you live in FL!
@Bucaramus sounded like he might have a lead for you