The good Lord skipped the brains alottment for these boys

someguyintraffic

So did he survive?

The Google link is a pic of him in ICU but hes supposed to make it. His dad died from snake handling church preaching, after years of bites the last one killed him. Real prudent folk.

someguyintraffic

Heres his old man. Hes dead after refusing treatment and his wife signing no treatment forms.

His son, who is in the OP says in the news article, " when its your time to go its your time." Uhhhhhh. No

Your dad is pushing up daisies because he refused medical treatment.

I love how the article takes a dig at the South and deep Applachia then doesnt know theres no such thing as a " poisonous " snake.

With the behavior of these two subjects its a wonder where the moniker comes from.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/snake-handling-pentecostal-pastor-dies-snake-bite/story?id=22551754

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
The wife says they never discussed religion before they got married...

Sounds like they were made for one another.

Wanderlust

Had a neighbor die from a snake bite at church. Left two young boys without a dad. Very sad. Been over 30 years now.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
The dying words of a redneck: "Hey, y'all watch this!"

I've said it many times before, I am unsure if it is a testament or a detriment to our society that we have evolved beyond the basic law of nature, Survival of the Fittest. In the animal we are the only species that not only do the unfit among us survive they thrive. We as a society go out of our way to ensure they survive.

You can decide yourself whether that is a testament or detrimental to our society.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That happened to a snake-handling preacher here in my county several years ago. He refused treatment and died.

Same preacher a couple years earlier got the sheriff bit and he about died. Apparently, snake handling while preaching is illegal here. He was having an outdoor camp meeting or something, and the sheriff came up and grabbed the rattler out of his hands because he wanted to look tough on tv (a local news crew was there filming the snake-handling service,) and it bit him on the arm. He spent several days in the ICU. He said he thought they had the snakes de-fanged. They didn't.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Defanged? right facepalm:

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I ain't going nowhere knowingly where they may or may not know proper snake handling techniques.Always heard if you look them in the eyes they gonna bite you.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I wonder if any of those churches ever use a diamondback?

REDMOND1858

A scene from Where the Red Fern Grows comes to mind.
Grandpa tells billy something to the tune of “your gonna have to meet God halfway”
I like to remind people of this when they say “I’m gonna put it in Gods hands”
Ain’t nothing wrong with that, but that don’t mean you can just quit on your end. You’ve still gotta do your fair share and meet him halfway. For some reason, I don’t think playing with venomous snakes is meeting him halfway.