Authority

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
It’s very unfortunate that perhaps the two foremost institutions in which society SHOULD expect to exemplify impeccable integrity, the Church and the scientific community, have both lost all credibility.
Again, I agree to a point.
Mainly because while many on either side work hard to do it right and be accurate, the ones with the most influence/agenda gets the majority of the spotlight and air time.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
It’s a fair assessment, but it is incorrect to assert the scientific community doesn’t suffer from the same. I’ve been in medicine 30 years and in all honesty the best I can sum up all the changes in practice is to say that the research results follows the $$$$s.
I love how medicine manufacturers spend millions on tv commercials that instruct us the patients, to TELL" our doctors about this or that medicine.
It's not OTC meds that we can go buy, we are supposed to tell men and women who have done years and years of schooling, years of practice and experience about what we think they should prescribe....
Priceless
And its ALL about the $$$

Brother David

See now that's ^ a good post Bro.
Next time we ask a question and you reach for the Bible/Christianity to answer it, Im wondering if you will apply the same criteria?
Does the Bible/Christianity have an agenda? Obviously yes.
Does the Bible/Christianity have a direct link to funding? Obviously yes.
Does the Bible/Christianity have a balanced approach? Obviously no.

Fair is fair right?
I always try , to the best of my ability , to quote established Beliefs when quoting Biblical answers .
I am not much on the New Age agenda . That's what got Hymenaeus and Alexander in trouble , trying to mix Bible and Worldly .
I do agree though , everyone who tries to alter Beliefs should really self examine and ask why .

gemcgrew

The procedures refute the "feelings" and "feelings claim".
Archeology, forensics, original text are not feelings.
"This amazing new site adds to our knowledge of these unique monuments and of the prehistoric archeology of the area. It is rare for these sites to go unidentified for so long, especially in such a good condition," Neil Ackerman, the council's historic environment record assistant, said in its statement.

But excitement turned to embarrassment in January, when the former owner of the farm where the circle was found approached the council to let it know he had built the monument himself in the 1990s.
Responding to the news, the council said research into the site had been "cut short."

Revelation has a way of doing that.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/scottish-stone-circle-90s-replica-gbr-intl-scli/index.html

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
"This amazing new site adds to our knowledge of these unique monuments and of the prehistoric archeology of the area. It is rare for these sites to go unidentified for so long, especially in such a good condition," Neil Ackerman, the council's historic environment record assistant, said in its statement.

But excitement turned to embarrassment in January, when the former owner of the farm where the circle was found approached the council to let it know he had built the monument himself in the 1990s.
Responding to the news, the council said research into the site had been "cut short."

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/scottish-stone-circle-90s-replica-gbr-intl-scli/index.html

Oh well hey, I mean wow, that example has brought the stone cold stunner to all the legit archeology. You have single handedly toppled the faux science of archaeology with that piece. NOBODY would have ever figured that out.
I bet if you took another 3 or 4 days you might be able to come with more examples to officially topple the entire practice.

I am giddy waiting for Revelationology and the lesser known but still 100% accurate Feelingsology museums to spring up world wide.

Last edited:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
All you arrowhead finding guys....put em back, they are Muzzy's.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)

Now that’s funny. People have thought themselves wiser down through the ages only to exposed as fools. They thought it in Jesus’s day and they do it now.

WaltL1

I always try , to the best of my ability , to quote established Beliefs when quoting Biblical answers .
I am not much on the New Age agenda . That's what got Hymenaeus and Alexander in trouble , trying to mix Bible and Worldly .
I do agree though , everyone who tries to alter Beliefs should really self examine and ask why .
I'll be honest Bro....
I dont have a clue who's post you are responding to. Although I see you quoted my post, your response has zip, zero, nada to do with the point I made.

ambush80

Revelation is beyond reproach. No one can test it and there's no way to refute it. Yet no one would try a new vaccine if the only evidence of its safety or effectiveness was "revelation". Revelation is the weakest form of proof but for those who experience it, they find it to be the most powerful. To me that says something about the mind. I think it's a glitch from a bygone era that we should try to recognize, understand, and correct for.

SemperFiDawg

Revelation is the weakest form of proof

I guess that would depend on who is doing the revealing. Christ fulfilled over 400 prophecies, some written thousands of years before his birth, prophecies which were revelations at the time they were given. So, Yeah, depending on the revealer, prophecy CAN be beyond reproach. Time bears out the wisdom and integrity of the revealer, that’s one big reason people can trust the Biblical revelations....past performance.

SemperFiDawg

”These monuments are notoriously difficult to date,"

Yeah, but, but, but.....Science....

LOL.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Yeah, but, but, but.....Science....

LOL.
Obviously the "scientist" was the top of his class.

400 prophecies fulfilled.
Please tell us about them(it doesn't matter that we have discussed them and debunked most of them).
And if he actually fulfilled all those things and others before him and after him fulfilled even more but did not qualify to be messiah....why does he?
You are not using the law of the OT prophecy as your source.
According to the story in the NT about Jesus life, lineage and death,..disqualifies him from being the Messiah.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
https://www.livescience.com/64555-ancient-stone-circle-is-modern-replica.html

Replica circle

The stone circle near Alford initially baffled archaeologists, because it wasn't noted on any land records or archaeological reports about that area.
One of the former farm owners had contacted the archaeologists studying the Alford stone circle, informing them that he had built it out of nearby rocks sometime in the 1990s, Ackerman told Live Science on Monday.

Although some details of the Alford circle didn't match some of archaeological features of stone circles elsewhere in the region — it is a little smaller than usual, for example — those discrepancies weren't seen as big issues at the time, Ackerman said.

Additionally, the farmer who built the circle seemed to know quite a lot about the local style of ancient stone circles, he said.

"There are various replicas around, but they are usually not as good as this," he said. "The guy who built this really knew what he was doing."

"It is quite interesting that in building a stone circle, he did not just put a bunch of stones in a circle, he has very closely copied a regional monument type," he said.

It shows the human side of the job a little bit," he said. "It is very difficult to date these things, because there is no way to date when a stone was put in the ground."

Announcing that the stone circle had turned out to be a modern replica was certainly better than making no announcement at all, he said.

"I think it is actually good archaeological practice, the way it has been done," Ackerman said: "It is just a shame that it has all very quickly completely changed, as it were. But still, it is very interesting."

So the bottom line is that they went with feelings and hearsay. They overlooked land records and archeology records of the area.
The man did a very good job of positioning the rocks to be accurate and resemble other ones in the area.
Because nobody can look at a rock and tell how long it is has been there and the fact that the clues were there as to the size of the circle being different and locals thought they remembered seeing rocks in the distance up there, they let feelings override procedure and fact.

A simple search of satellite pics would have cleared it up.

It pays to check sources.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I guess that would depend on who is doing the revealing. Christ fulfilled over 400 prophecies, some written thousands of years before his birth, prophecies which were revelations at the time they were given. So, Yeah, depending on the revealer, prophecy CAN be beyond reproach. Time bears out the wisdom and integrity of the revealer, that’s one big reason people can trust the Biblical revelations....past performance.

http://www.debunking-christianity.com/2007/09/100-challenge.html?m=1

"As a pastor, I often made reference in my sermons to the “astounding prophecies of the Bible,” which I believed proved the deity of Christ and the divine inspiration of Scripture beyond a reasonable doubt. It was my sincere conviction that if an unbeliever examined, for example, the Messianic prophecies embedded in the Old Testament with an open mind, he would walk away a convert to Christ. How many prophecies are we talking about here? Well, that depends on who you ask. Jews for Jesus point to several dozen Messianic prophecies, while Josh McDowell in Evidence that Demands a Verdict claims “over 300 references to the messiah that were fulfilled in Jesus.” According to ChristianAnswers.Net, “The probability that Jesus of Nazareth could have fulfilled even eight such prophecies would be only 1 in 1017” (that's 10 to the power of 17). "

Read the rest in the link.

ambush80

OK. Confirmed prophecy might be evidence of revelation. What are your standards for confirmed prophecy? Does Nostradamus qualify?

SemperFiDawg

OK. Confirmed prophecy might be evidence of revelation. What are your standards for confirmed prophecy? Does Nostradamus qualify?

Dunno, but 400 prophecies spread out over 2000 years fulfilled about 1 person. Make that your standard. Nothing else comes close.

ambush80

Dunno, but 400 prophecies spread out over 2000 years fulfilled about 1 person. Make that your standard. Nothing else comes close.

Do you simply believe that that's true or have you done research to confirm it? Which examples do you find most compelling?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
You sound like the Scottish guy above.
You saw what happens when you take others words for it.

You keep using these 400 numbers without a list of what they are..but what stands out about Jesus being the Messiah is what he didn't accomplish which even just one unfulfilled disqualifies him.

Read the link I provided above