Star Fish

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Friend of mine was having a new well dug for a center pivot over in Early County. I forgot how deep they were when they hit a pocket of those things. Them and fossil sand dollars by the hundreds.

Nice find.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Friend of mine was having a new well dug for a center pivot over in Early County. I forgot how deep they were when they hit a pocket of those things. Them and fossil sand dollars by the hundreds.

Nice find.
A friend offer for me to look in a raven. Said they where fossils everywhere. Never did it.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Kenny, up in Stewart County across the highway from Providence Canyon was where I turkey hunted a lot back 35 -40 years ago. Way back in there I found a fossil oyster bed washing out of a hillside. Looked just like modern day oyster shells but about one inch thick and 4 to 5 times larger than a modern day select. I still have a couple of them around here somewhere.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Cool stuff!

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Kenny, up in Stewart County across the highway from Providence Canyon was where I turkey hunted a lot back 35 -40 years ago. Way back in there I found a fossil oyster bed washing out of a hillside. Looked just like modern day oyster shells but about one inch thick and 4 to 5 times larger than a modern day select. I still have a couple of them around here somewhere.
That’s where this wash out is. Kind of the backside of it. Off 27 between Lumpkin & Georgetown.

oldguy

There was a limestone mine in Mitchell County. Go down in there and you were visiting the Ancient sea bed. Crystals in there as well.
My brother picked up two large sharks teeth out of the limestone they used to widen 3rd Avenue in Albany back in the late 5os. Cool stuff.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
Years ago in upstate NY I found a lot of trilobites in wet clay on the bank of a trout stream. I took a few home that were still in the clay, but after it dried out they just disintegrated. They looked as good as the one in the picture.

Attachments

• th.jpeg
    th.jpeg
    8.6 KB · Views: 16