Moving to Georgia

Howdy!

SWMBO & I will be moving to middle GA this summer. I've been hunting since I was a youngster in WV, and have lived in Germany for the last couple of years. I was lucky enough to get a German Hunting License over here, and have been somewhat successful. =) I've never really been wing hunting, but looking to get into that when we're there. I've hunted Elk in Colorado, whitetail all over the Eastern US, and whatever was allowed in Germany (Fox, Wild Boar, Fallow Deer, Reh Deer...wasn't always successful). I look forward to learning all I can, having a great time in the woods, and as Grand-dad used to say "If the Good Lord's willing and the creeks don't rise"...a successful hunt!
Elk.JPGWall2.jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the campfire!

Welcome to the fray! Beautiful stag and fallow deer trophies. Congratulations!

I spent a total of 6 years in Germany during the early '80s to early '90s. I managed to find this nice Fallow antler in a field close by the Colmberg Castle, which was located near Ansbach, Germany.

0303191550-1.jpg0303191548a-1.jpg

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Welcome. What part of middle Ga?

greg_n_clayton

Welcome. I have looked hard at southwest virginnie a time or 2 !! Property seems reasonable. Thought going and looking around for a 2nd place !

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Welcome aboard, good folks here.
I was an Airedale if there was a runway there I been there.
Enjoyed the smaller towns in Germany especailly.
Oh, born in WV.

Thanks again folks! We will be starting off in either Vidalia or Dublin, as the in-laws are kinda split between both of those towns. But, generally interested in finding work within a 3 hour drive of those two places.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Thanks again folks! We will be starting off in either Vidalia or Dublin, as the in-laws are kinda split between both of those towns. But, generally interested in finding work within a 3 hour drive of those two places.

Three hours from those places could be Atlanta,Dothan,Savannah,Ozark,Tallahassee,Willacoochee,and many other scenic cities.

I like having options, but I like keeping the SWMBO happy more.

The great thing is, I can work nearly anywhere (MRI Tech), so there are no shortages of options within 3 hours of those places.