Congrats, Florida!!!!

Madsnooker

Depth INCLUDES experience. Depth means there is no/little drop off in competitive ability from 1st to 3rd string for WHATEVER reason. Be it size, athleticism and or experience it ALL contributes to DEPTH.

I twisted nothing. By your own admission OSU doesn't have the depth of EXPERIENCE on D to compete.

And I don't "hate" OSU. Frankly, I give thought to what Joe Biden is going to have for lunch than I do OSU football on any given day, which is to say NONE. I, like so many others here, simply enjoy talking smack and watching folk twist themselves in knots trying to explain they didn't say what they said.
(y) You got me. Yes Day cant take his 3 deep and just put it up on a board and throw darts at it and whatever it hits thats who starts.:rolleyes:

No team including Bama has depth that you wouldn't see much drop off from the first team to the 3rd team with regards to how they perform on the field regardless of ability???? Cmon man!!!

All I've heard from most "southerners" on why ND beat Clemson was many starters out for Clemson including 3 on defense. They are as deep as most teams but even I know that when a starter goes out there will probably be some type of drop off whether it be ability, understanding where they should be on any given play, knowing where ther team mate will be during a play and so on. Even Saban when asked about the poor play of his secondary early on said they just needed reps and experience.

Last edited:

bullgator

I didn't say they didn't have the depth. Not having depth is a team that once you get to second and third teamers are players that aren't as big, fast or strong which is the argument against teams like UCF, Cincy and so forth. OSU depth is great just not experience in the secondary. Taking the team as a whole, I think they are top four in talent as the majority of America. The argument is not how good they are or can be, its if they deserve to be there with fewer games.

I get it, you hate OSU so your twisting and mincing words to try and make a point. Par for the course I suppose. When Day wins a title in the next 2 or 3 years it's gonna be fun around here.:wink::rockon:
Snook, when you make statements that the subs came in and gave up points.....not once, but twice!.....that will be taken by anyone not an OSU fan to mean a lack of depth.
Personally, OSU, like Bama, Clemson, and Georgia has recruited on a high enough level in recent years that they shouldn’t have depth issues as an argument. This brings us full circle to them giving up those points already mentioned. So if it’s not depth (we agree :huh:), then what is it? Coaching?, scheme?, not as good as advertised?, or the incredible Big10 opponents?.

Madsnooker

Snook, when you make statements that the subs came in and gave up points.....not once, but twice!.....that will be taken by anyone not an OSU fan to mean a lack of depth.
Personally, OSU, like Bama, Clemson, and Georgia has recruited on a high enough level in recent years that they shouldn’t have depth issues as an argument. This brings us full circle to them giving up those points already mentioned. So if it’s not depth (we agree :huh:), then what is it? Coaching?, scheme?, not as good as advertised?, or the incredible Big10 opponents?.
Simply, what you saw out of Bamas DBs the first 4 games (average gave up 350yds game) is what was the issue with OSU their first 4 games (average gave up 291yds game) with specifically the DBs. Day gave the exact same answer when asked about the DBs as Saban gave back then. facepalm::huh: Not sure whats so complicated about this. Its actually laughable we are debating games OSU destroyed the other team but had some teaching moments in the 4th qtr. But it makes for fun debating so lets carry on!!!!:wink:

Last edited:

bullgator

Simply, what you saw out of Bamas DBs the first 4 games (average gave up 350yds game) is what was the issue with OSU their first 4 games (average gave up 291yds game) with specifically the DBs. Day gave the exact same answer when asked about the DBs as Saban gave back then. facepalm::huh: Not sure whats so complicated about this. Its actually laughable we are debating games OSU destroyed the other team but had some teaching moments in the 4th qtr. But it makes for fun debating so lets carry on!!!!:wink:
We agree again... they had the depth. That depth wasn’t coached up to speed and needed a teaching moment in a game instead of the practice field.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
o

Ok, here's the bottom line. OSU beat 4 2 win sub .500 B1G scrub teams and assuming that the B1G CC goes off as planned they will have also beat 2 6 win scrub B1G teams that only got to 6 wins by beating those same 2 win sub .500 scrub B1G teams. Along the way they gave up an average of 23+ppg including 35 to the one 6 win team they've faced and by your own admission you lack depth on D BUT "we BELONG because we're "T"facepalm:osu". "So what if we failed to meet the minimum requirements we agreed to before the season to qualify? So what that we forced them to change the rules for us because we didn't meet those requirements? Don't you know who we are????!!!!! We're "T"facepalm:osu!!!!!!! It's our RIGHT!!!!!"

And if they flipped roles with UGA it would be "Wellllll............we didn't have our QB for the first five games, you CAN'T judge us by those. I mean one of those losses is to the #1 team in the nation and the other is playing them in the CCC. Don't you know who we are????!!!!!! We're "T"facepalm:osu!!!!!! It's our RIGHT!!!!!! We've got our QB now!!!!! Don't you know who we are???!!!!! We're "T"facepalm:osu!!!!!! It's our RIGHT!!!!!"

And in that arrogance of theirs, they would expect all the rest of us to just fall over in fawning that we are even allowed to gaze upon their gloriousness let alone that "our" team should be allowed to soil them same hallowed ground upon which they walk. Or that maybe we might have a different opinion than they do of their team. How dare we step on the same field as them. Don't we know who they are????!!!! They're "T"facepalm:osu!!!!!!

Last edited:

RipperIII

Snooks, OSU gets more "passes" by the committee than any other Team in America, and it's not really debateable.

The Brand.

The $$$.

I'm not saying that they aren't the 4th best team...but they do not "deserve" that spot over TAMU at this point.

But, then again,...this is not supposed to be about "deserving", this is supposed to be about the 4 best teams...and I honestly can't say that OSU is better than TAMU at this point...I've seen plenty of TAMU, and they're crapshoot. I feel the exact same about OSU based on what I've actually seen at this point.

Blame the conference.

Madsnooker

Snooks, OSU gets more "passes" by the committee than any other Team in America, and it's not really debateable.

The Brand.

The $$$.

I'm not saying that they aren't the 4th best team...but they do not "deserve" that spot over TAMU at this point.

But, then again,...this is not supposed to be about "deserving", this is supposed to be about the 4 best teams...and I honestly can't say that OSU is better than TAMU at this point...I've seen plenty of TAMU, and they're crapshoot. I feel the exact same about OSU based on what I've actually seen at this point.

Blame the conference.
They sure didn't get a pass in 2015 and they were clearly on of the 4 best if not the best.
They didn't get the pass in 2018 when Oklahoma got in and OSU was #5. Even McElroy said yesterday that was a joke AND Oklahoma had no business getting in over OSU. There is only one year you can even marginally argue the committee favored OSU and that was when Penn St had 2 really bad losses and no team has ever got in with 2 bad losses

We will just agree to disagree.

Madsnooker

o

Ok, here's the bottom line. OSU beat 4 2 win sub .500 B1G scrub teams and assuming that the B1G CC goes off as planned they will have also beat 2 6 win scrub B1G teams that only got to 6 wins by beating those same 2 win sub .500 scrub B1G teams. Along the way they gave up an average of 23+ppg including 35 to the one 6 win team they've faced and by your own admission you lack depth on D BUT "we BELONG because we're "T"facepalm:osu". "So what if we failed to meet the minimum requirements we agreed to before the season to qualify? So what that we forced them to change the rules for us because we didn't meet those requirements? Don't you know who we are????!!!!! We're "T"facepalm:osu!!!!!!! It's our RIGHT!!!!!"

And if they flipped roles with UGA it would be "Wellllll............we didn't have our QB for the first five games, you CAN'T judge us by those. I mean one of those losses is to the #1 team in the nation and the other is playing them in the CCC. Don't you know who we are????!!!!!! We're "T"facepalm:osu!!!!!! It's our RIGHT!!!!!! We've got our QB now!!!!! Don't you know who we are???!!!!! We're "T"facepalm:osu!!!!!! It's our RIGHT!!!!!"

And in that arrogance of theirs, they would expect all the rest of us to just fall over in fawning that we are even allowed to gaze upon their gloriousness let alone that "our" team should be allowed to soil them same hallowed ground upon which they walk. Or that maybe we might have a different opinion than they do of their team. How dare we step on the same field as them. Don't we know who they are????!!!! They're "T"facepalm:osu!!!!!!
No, the pups have 2 loses and the buckeyes have not lost. Please don't confuse the 2. The teams UGA played with a pulse pummeled them.

RipperIII

They sure didn't get a pass in 2015 and they were clearly on of the 4 best if not the best.
They didn't get the pass in 2018 when Oklahoma got in and OSU was #5. Even McElroy said yesterday that was a joke AND Oklahoma had no business getting in over OSU. There is only one year you can even marginally argue the committee favored OSU and that was when Penn St had 2 really bad losses and no team has ever got in with 2 bad losses

We will just agree to disagree.
OSU went back to back seasons with HORRIBLE losses to unranked teams if I remember correctly.

ddgarcia

No, the pups have 2 loses and the buckeyes have not lost. Please don't confuse the 2. The teams UGA played with a pulse pummeled them.

I was not advocating that. What I was saying is that the committee in the past has said it would consider injuries to starters and the difference it made in their games. UGA is now clearly a different team with Daniels at the helm just as OSU would be if Fields had been injured and y'all had started the season with a different QB. And had that been the case y'all would be advocating for it based a said criteria because you're OSU.

I don't have anything against OSU or their fans on this board. Believe it or not, I actually like y'all and wouldn't mind having a beer with ya for all that I have yet to meet either one of you. This is as much about the B1G and their idiot, left wing, all things America hating command structure that screwed y'all's season so bad. NOW in hindsight they realize just HOW badly they screwed up and are doing everything they can to minimize the damage to THEM, not OSU they already showed they care nothing about them and their players when they first cancelled the season, and frankly I hope the committee gives them THE salute and takes someone over OSU.

Frankly with only somewhere between 60-75% of the games played by any other team in contention, 6 if the CC goes off as planned to their 8-10, I don't feel OSU has earned it and the B1G certainly hasn't.

DannyW

It's about the 4 best teams in the country. Not about who played the most games. Not about who plays in the worst conference. Not about who has the most 5-stars. Those things may figure into the decision but the bottom line it's who, in the committee's opinion, are the 4 best college football teams in the nation. Period.

If they choose Ohio State as one of those 4 teams, and it turns out to be a mistake, it will quickly become apparent in the first round of the playoffs.

And it's my opinion that Ohio State would win head-to-head against Cincy, TAMU, Coastal Carolina, or any of the other "contenders" for the #4 playoff spot. (Now, after making that statement, watch OSU lose to NW on Saturday!!!)

Madsnooker

OSU went back to back seasons with HORRIBLE losses to unranked teams if I remember correctly.
Yes and they didn't get in both of those seasons. The one they did, Penn St had 2 losses and one was by over 40 pts. The committee, tasked with picking the best team, not the most deserving (which I agree Penn St was most deserving having beat OSU), picked OSU and they were right. OSU was a better team and most in the country believed that. The committee did its job that year. No different then when Bama has received the benefit of the doubt and I dont need to show you the times that was done.lol And correctly done in my book.:wink:

Madsnooker

I was not advocating that. What I was saying is that the committee in the past has said it would consider injuries to starters and the difference it made in their games. UGA is now clearly a different team with Daniels at the helm just as OSU would be if Fields had been injured and y'all had started the season with a different QB. And had that been the case y'all would be advocating for it based a said criteria because you're OSU.

I don't have anything against OSU or their fans on this board. Believe it or not, I actually like y'all and wouldn't mind having a beer with ya for all that I have yet to meet either one of you. This is as much about the B1G and their idiot, left wing, all things America hating command structure that screwed y'all's season so bad. NOW in hindsight they realize just HOW badly they screwed up and are doing everything they can to minimize the damage to THEM, not OSU they already showed they care nothing about them and their players when they first cancelled the season, and frankly I hope the committee gives them THE salute and takes someone over OSU.

Frankly with only somewhere between 60-75% of the games played by any other team in contention, 6 if the CC goes off as planned to their 8-10, I don't feel OSU has earned it and the B1G certainly hasn't.
(y) I completely respect that take and I would probably be in your shoes if I wasn't a Buckeye but I have also tried to put myself in your shoes and others arguing against OSU. If Bama or Clemson's conferences did exactly what the BIG did with regards to the season and Bama was sitting there at 5-0 giving up almost 350yds a game passing to a bunch of weak teams would sec fans be saying they deserve to be in? I think most would but some of the most principled fans like yourself would be consistent and say that Bama shouldn't get in. Do you believe thats a fair take?

Last edited:

ddgarcia

(y) I completely respect that take and I would probably be in your shoes if I wasn't a Buckeye but I have also tried to put myself in your shoes and others arguing against OSU. If Bama or Clemson's conferences did exactly what the BIG did with regards to the season and Bama was sitting there at 5-0 giving up almost 350yds a game passing to a bunch of weak teams would sec fans be saying they didn't deserve to be in? I think most would but some of the most principled fans like yourself would be consistent and say that Bama shouldn't get in. Do you believe thats a fair take?

Absolutely. Just as I'm not advocating Georgia be in this year despite being a "different" team since going to Daniels at QB. Unfortunately for all of us the committee has talked themselves in circles about "most deserving" and/or "best" and whatever else garbage they've put out there to try to justify their decisions.

Will OSU get in? If they play and win this weekend, then yes, IMHO they will. Will they "deserve" it? That will be debated for many years to come. Personally I'd like to see the committee exclude them not as punishment for OSU but as a family never in the eye to the B1G for the way they done y'all this year. It would suck for the kids, school and the fans, and I would hate it for them but the way they've handled this situation, the B1G that is, deserves it IMO.

DannyW

Thats funny as OSU has went to 3 out of 6 times but carry on with the hyperbole.lol

To be specific...

Alabama - 5 of 6 (won 2)
Clemson - 5 of 6 (won 2)
Oklahoma - 4 of 6 (bounced out in the 1st round all 4 times)
Ohio - 3 of 6 (won 1)
Georgia - 2 of 6
Oregon, Fl State, Mich St, Washington, ND and LSU (won 1) all have been once.

If anyone is a yearly lock for the playoffs, Clemson and Alabama are it. But since one or the other of them has won it all 4 out of 6 times, I'd say they deserved to be selected. Oklahoma...notsomuch...

Madsnooker

Absolutely. Just as I'm not advocating Georgia be in this year despite being a "different" team since going to Daniels at QB. Unfortunately for all of us the committee has talked themselves in circles about "most deserving" and/or "best" and whatever else garbage they've put out there to try to justify their decisions.

Will OSU get in? If they play and win this weekend, then yes, IMHO they will. Will they "deserve" it? That will be debated for many years to come. Personally I'd like to see the committee exclude them not as punishment for OSU but as a family never in the eye to the B1G for the way they done y'all this year. It would suck for the kids, school and the fans, and I would hate it for them but the way they've handled this situation, the B1G that is, deserves it IMO.
I dont disagree

ddgarcia

To be specific...

Alabama - 5 of 6 (won 2)
Clemson - 5 of 6 (won 2)
Oklahoma - 4 of 6 (bounced out in the 1st round all 4 times)
Ohio - 3 of 6 (won 1)
Georgia - 2 of 6
Oregon, Fl State, Mich St, Washington, ND and LSU (won 1) all have been once.

If anyone is a yearly lock for the playoffs, Clemson and Alabama are it. But since one or the other of them has won it all 4 out of 6 times, I'd say they deserved to be selected. Oklahoma...notsomuch...

Not sure if say anyone DESERVES to be selected. It needs to be earned on the field. Deserved to be given the "benefit of doubt"? That I would say and likely OSU will get that this year. Are they truly one of the four best this year? I really don't know as we have such a small, messed up sample size to go by. (Players out due to Covid even though the game was played/what impact?) Is UGA, now that Daniels is at QB or TAMU better? Doubt we'll find out and even if by some measure short of a head to head is found it will be debated for years to come.

Thanks China!!!!!!!!!!!:biggestshoot::biggestshoot::biggestshoot::biggestshoot::biggestshoot:

BamaGeorgialine

That's the whole question. How do you know who the 4 best teams are when they have played half of a schedule? In my opinion, you have a WHOLE lot better idea of who the 4 best teams are when they play the same amount of games. Being a Bama fan, I look at it this way. If Bama loses to Florida Saturday and the committee were to decide to keep Bama out, oh well, shouldn't have lost to Florida. What I'm saying is......everything in life can't be fair if someone else is making the decision. Especially if it's a committee with a money making agenda at the forefront
It's about the 4 best teams in the country. Not about who played the most games. Not about who plays in the worst conference. Not about who has the most 5-stars. Those things may figure into the decision but the bottom line it's who, in the committee's opinion, are the 4 best college football teams in the nation. Period.

If they choose Ohio State as one of those 4 teams, and it turns out to be a mistake, it will quickly become apparent in the first round of the playoffs.

And it's my opinion that Ohio State would win head-to-head against Cincy, TAMU, Coastal Carolina, or any of the other "contenders" for the #4 playoff spot. (Now, after making that statement, watch OSU lose to NW on Saturday!!!)