Need a new spinning reel. Suggestions?

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro
I currently have a shimano sienna or sahara 1500 series reel, I always forget which but you get the point. This has been the perfect fit for my 6' med fast spinning rod. I use it for literally everything. Well the reel is past it's expiration date and I can't find a 1500 reel anywhere it's 1000 or 2500. Unfortunately 2500 is too big and 1000 doesn't balance out. I love shimano reels but may be time to switch. Budget would be no more than $100. What say you?

Fletch_W

Banned
Weigh or google the weight of your previous unicorn reel, then go to BPS online and search the President reel sizes, they list the weight of each model, then pick the one closest to the weight of your unicorn.

RamblinWreck

Daiwa Regal LT 2000. I have several. 10 bearings, smooth as butter, excellent fit and finish around $55.

Fletch_W

Banned
I also have a diawa regal and found it quite stiff out of the box and it needed a break in period. It took a few months of fishing before it felt not-stiff to me. I don't get that from the pflueger pres's.
that said I did catch a decent bass on my regal yesterday on a 6-6 medium rig. It's a good reel, I just like the presidents better.

Richf7

I'm all in with Pflueger, too. If they're available Amazon and Wally World prices are comparable.