Restaurant prices getting out of hand

Oldstick

Larry’s subs yesterday…turkey Ruben with large tea and jalapeño chips…regular size sandwich….not a big sub…$15.69….no mas’

Do you mean Larry's Giant Subs? One of my very favorite places, with a a location not too far from my house. Love their sammiches but haven't been their for many months and if what you say is true, I agree "No Mas" for us.

To survive financially, we are thinking hard about the stories told to us by our parents who grew up in the days of the Great Depression. Lots of things you can live without and lots of cheaper foods that will provide proper nutrition from day to day.

Like others said, I feel sorry for the restaurant industry and I also feel sorry for all the other Americans like us, just trying to survive. Obviously, restaurants and vacations, etc. are luxury items not needed for survival. All I can hope is that the political environment changes in our country, so we can get back to the prosperous way of life we have all been accustomed to.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
the concept was good,but they had zero flavor. Cheese burger Bobby’s ran them out of town.
Never been to either, couldn't even tell you where a 5 Guys is (only ever saw them on one of those top 10 shows). C.B.B. has had a place less that 3 miles from the house and just never could pull the trigger on a burger that cost so much they give the fries away. Last "specialty" burger place I ever ate at was Fudruckers...and only because they sold beer.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Relish has really good burgers.
Really good.
Lots of toppings including one of my favorites, fried egg.

ucfireman

Our local McDs will never get another dime from me. I stopped by the other day for the first time in over a year. It’s been completely remodeled. There are four kiosks, no cashiers, and a small window your food is shoved through. You can’t even see into the kitchen, to see if it’s clean or dirty.

I walked out without purchasing anything, just like I walked out of a local gas station that automated. They went from four cashiers who used to help to one who merely watches and tries to clear machine malfunctions.
Robots will replace these nose picking, sit out front smoking, over paid workers. flippy the burger flipper robot cost $3 per hour and actually shows up. When people get used to a robot cooking exact temps and exact order, it’s game over. It will take some time, but my parents acted like an ATM machine was the devil when they took over.

Agree, with California mandating 22.00 (may have been 25) / hr for fast food restaurant workers the big companies will be looking and throwing money at robots.
Everyone will order from a kiosk or app, food made by robots.
I give it 5-7 years.
Sad folks think FastFood is a career. Some like management maybe but regular order takers and cashiers were not supposed to be.

sinclair1

Never been to either, couldn't even tell you where a 5 Guys is (only ever saw them on one of those top 10 shows). C.B.B. has had a place less that 3 miles from the house and just never could pull the trigger on a burger that cost so much they give the fries away. Last "specialty" burger place I ever ate at was Fudruckers...and only because they sold beer.
Both were less than a mile from us in Woodstock. $9 for a good burger and fries wasn’t bad. I wouldnt give .50 cents for a Big Mac but don’t mind paying for a good burger.
Neither are near us where we live now so no Idea how much they cost today.
I don’t subscribe to the cheapo lifestyle. When I dipped it was Copenhagen, beer was quality and liquor non blend. If I smoked cigars they would be quality.

If I have to drink natural light/ mr Boston and dip Red Seal while eating McDonalds, I need to look at my expenditures of non essentials.

Vices are to be treats of life not lifelines that you need every minute.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Both were less than a mile from us in Woodstock. $9 for a good burger and fries wasn’t bad. I wouldnt give .50 cents for a Big Mac but don’t mind paying for a good burger.
Neither are near us where we live now so no Idea how much they cost today.
I don’t subscribe to the cheapo lifestyle. When I dipped it was Copenhagen, beer was quality and liquor non blend. If I smoked cigars they would be quality.

If I have to drink natural light/ mr Boston and dip Red Seal while eating McDonalds, I need to look at my expenditures of non essentials.

Vices are to be treats of life not lifelines that you need every minute.
As bad as I hate to say it... we're both on the same channel when it comes to "if one must do it, do it well". It's just that IF I want a custom burger / steak.. I can do it as good or better at the house (not as good NChB, but good enough). As far as fast food burgers go.. here around the house IF I just want a change of pace I go to Checkers. Burgers and fries are as good as any out there and cheaper since they use the old fashion walk up / drive thru. Plus I've yet to have a problem with my order or not be able to understand what the employees said. When down at brother's place it Jacks which has the same standards. IF and when Whataburger EVER opens in Kennesaw, I'll go there.. til they prove me wrong.

sinclair1

As bad as I hate to say it... we're both on the same channel when it comes to "if one must do it, do it well". It's just that IF I want a custom burger / steak.. I can do it as good or better at the house (not as good NChB, but good enough). As far as fast food burgers go.. here around the house IF I just want a change of pace I go to Checkers. Burgers and fries are as good as any out there and cheaper since they use the old fashion walk up / drive thru. Plus I've yet to have a problem with my order or not be able to understand what the employees said. When down at brother's place it Jacks which has the same standards. IF and when Whataburger EVER opens in Kennesaw, I'll go there.. til they prove me wrong.
Agree, I can do a better burger at home.

Duff

Sausage and egg biscuit and a small coffee was $8 this morning at the local mom and pop. Mercy!

sinclair1

I think they have a whataburger near Sinclair in milledgeville. never went as we went to pickle barrel across the street. we are finding new places at the swamp and really enjoying the food.

we are on the forgotten coast today and someone must have called and reminded everyone so they would forget. it’s not that crowded but they are building big houses where all the block houses that gave it appeal.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I think they have a whataburger near Sinclair in milledgeville. never went as we went to pickle barrel across the street. we are finding new places at the swamp and really enjoying the food.

we are on the forgotten coast today and someone must have called and reminded everyone so they would forget. it’s not that crowded but they are building big houses where all the block houses that gave it appeal.
Yeah there's one down there somewhere, closest one from here is in Leeds, Ala. Only $100.00 worth of democratgas round trip.

Redbow

We had seafood today 2 take out plates, one catfish and shrimp and one catfish both with two side orders. The total came to just over forty bucks. A few months ago those 2 plates would have just a shake over 25 dollars. We don't eat out much anymore just occasionally.

sinclair1

05291792-63B9-453D-A258-73E03F47C71A.jpeg
Grouper sandwich $9 beach view $10 per sandwich= $19 for fish sandwich and fries.
Deal all day long. You can have your value meal from BK.:flag:

Beagler

I don’t know, I not going to jump on the choke and pukes to bad, I kkow I’m paying significantly higher for
My groceries and they have to do the same and pass the cost on to make a profit. That’s the way I figure it anyway’s.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Thought so. We love SGI.
Been several years since we were there.

bany

Golden arches Big Mac meal $9.+
right down the street an excellent Mexican spot $7+ taco,enchilada,rice,beans,chips,two salsas…………….winner!