Restaurant prices getting out of hand

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Thought so. We love SGI.
Been several years since we were there.

bany

Golden arches Big Mac meal $9.+
right down the street an excellent Mexican spot $7+ taco,enchilada,rice,beans,chips,two salsas…………….winner!

I don't know how they (restaurants) all stay in business. With the cost of everything up even hardheaded people will eventually realize how much they're now spending to eat at drive through places.

Maybe it's because I'm older and still use cash, but when I'm spending more than $10 on a drive through lunch I realize my income is not keeping up with inflation.

You'd never know there's high prices when traffic is backed up on a four lane highway due to people trying to get in at the local chic-filet near me.

I'm eating more leftovers and sandwiches. Don't miss the fast food places at all. At least not until a What A Burger shows up near me. Mmm!

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I don't know how they (restaurants) all stay in business. With the cost of everything up even hardheaded people will eventually realize how much they're now spending to eat at drive through places.

Maybe it's because I'm older and still use cash, but when I'm spending more than $10 on a drive through lunch I realize my income is not keeping up with inflation.

You'd never know there's high prices when traffic is backed up on a four lane highway due to people trying to get in at the local chic-filet near me.

I'm eating more leftovers and sandwiches. Don't miss the fast food places at all. At least not until a What A Burger shows up near me. Mmm!
Don't know where you are, but I checked with Whataburger the other day and the one in Kennesaw is "supposed" to open Nov. 14th. They have surprisingly nice customer service.. answered back with in one hour. I hate driving anywhere around that school or mall, but beats driving to Leeds Ala.

Yea, Kennesaw isn’t going to be to handy for me. Still a good 45 minute trip there. Still it’s a good sign that they’re getting closer.

I ate my first whataburger about 5 years ago. I was near Orange Beach, not sure whether I was in Alabama or Florida. Every trip the wife and I take down to the gulf includes going to whataburger. Last ate at the one near Lowes on 98 in PCB.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Yea, Kennesaw isn’t going to be to handy for me. Still a good 45 minute trip there. Still it’s a good sign that they’re getting closer.

I ate my first whataburger about 5 years ago. I was near Orange Beach, not sure whether I was in Alabama or Florida. Every trip the wife and I take down to the gulf includes going to whataburger. Last ate at the one near Lowes on 98 in PCB.
I'm in Powder Springs and it take me 45 mins. or longer to make the 15 miles there... make the trip! Beats the heck out of 2 hours to B'ham.

KDarsey

We ate at that Whataburger about 3 weeks ago, not impressed with that one. It was our 1st Whataburger too.
We were down there for 2 weeks at Pinnacle Port Condo, we know food is more expensive in that area & we knew right away that 10-14 days of $60+ per meal at all the local 'hotspots.was out of the question.
Winn Dixie was our friend . It was still a little higher than back home but a fat boy has to eat.

sinclair1

Chinese food is the one that’s gone up the most for us. It used to be right there with Mexican. We can go to longhorn and get a steak for what they charge these days.
We are home from the $60 a day vacation meals and plan on the local BBQ house. Been awhile since I had meat and may have to make it a double.

Last edited:

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team

They are building one in Snellville if it's any closer for you.

pbradley

Momentum Machines robotic make line grinds the meat, cooks it to order and dresses the burger:

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I always think....how long and hard did I have to work to pay for this meal.
Yeah, every time I set at the red light at Hurt and Austell roads I look at all of the fast food places I can see.. then turn left and go to International Market. Every pack of ground beef I toss in my buggy I think about how many burgers I get out of it compared to the number I could have gotten at the fast food places for the same price. Every rib eye I think... that's one burger I didn't eat on the way here.

K80Shooter

And now some fast food chains now expect you to tip. The cashier swivels around the touchscreen and wants you to tap in a 15% 18% or 20% tip.

There's no way that I'm tipping at a fast-food joint or any other take-out place. Thats just me though.