Lawn care Business ( updated ! )

Lukikus2

Four men plus equipment on a 2 acre clean up. I would turn it down for less than 2K. Then offer a maintenance agreement. And figure one guy there full time because someone isn’t going to be happy with something all the time.

earlthegoat2

I figure $60 a man hour minimum for a baseline.

Pickup jobs (sticks, pine cones, etc) I charge differently. I use a wing it estimate and try to come out to $200 a man hour for any pick up jobs. Those tasks suck so they gotta pay.

Any initial lawn job i estimate by square foot as if I were doing the job routinely and then I add 50% to it. Add more for pickups as noted above but any ongoing pickups I charge at the same $200 a man hour rate.

One time clean ups get a standard square foot estimate and then that gets tripled.

So far my phone my phone never stops ringing and I frequently turn down jobs because I am too busy.

I might be able to retire before 70 yet.

2 acre cleanup would easily be well north of 1000 for me.

bass4fun

If it's really a 6 hour project and you're using 4 men.
4 x $60 = $240 per hour x 6 = $1,440.00.
They may pay that once, but for maintaining the lawn after that initial visit, shouldn't take near as long...and you'll need to cut that price substantially to keep the 2 week schedule.
4 people really getting after it, 2 acres...and 6 hours seems like a long time unless it is in really bad shape.

turkeykirk

Kmac “one call does it all: construction, truck driving, feed store and lawn service.”

Just giving you a hard time! :rofl:

jdgator

Kmac:

I had a guy who did 4 rental property yards for me. I would Venmo a $600 payment each month, every month of the year. He did whatever needed to be done to keep the exterior and lawn looking decent all year round. He would occasionally text me pictures because the properties are out of town.

Find you an absentee landlord or two and stay busy.

Hillbilly stalker

Them rich people are hard to keep happy. They bout always want something done different. I think a fellow could hit a serious lick if he just done small residential lawns. Most of the bigger outfits look over them because they wanna make a wad on every job. It’s easier on your equipment, less man power and older in town residents reward you with pies and cookies. :biggrin2:

jbogg

I have a janitorial business. Office cleaning. Very similar to lawn maintenance. Cleaning frequency is a minimum of one time per week up to five nights per week. I quote my new customers a monthly price depending on the frequency they want and how many man hours I determine it will take per month. The very first initial cleaning is always by the man hour. I explain to them that they only get charged for the number of hours that it takes and not a minute more. Some folks think they want a flat turnkey price, but I explain to them that I would have to add a fudge factor to that to protect myself if we ran into any surprises that required us to spend more time. Once they hear that explanation I’ve never had anyone balk at paying hourly.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Lawd im glad some of y’all aren’t cutting my yards with the prices y’all are throwing out
U could get my son in law.
He wants to do that job for
Use my equipment
I figured 64 in gas 20 gallons trucks and equipment
That leaves 256. He said it’s a 3 hour job. With 3 peeps. Corel it said his yard is the same and ours is to.
2 hours mowing. But the debris in the yard needs picking up. Then hedges and weed earring. Then pick up trimmings from hedges and this place is landscaped nice. Load up and leave.
I see 5 hours with 3 peeps.
Take that 256 left divide by 3.
That’s 85 each for 3 hours work.
Well somebody has to buy blades for that mower. String for weed eater and the debris has to come off trailer.
Not blades and string every time but.
Someone has to sharpen the blades like mower and hedger. Change oil one day. At his rate it would be 28 a hour per man with 3 hours. Only problem I see 6 hours. That’s 14 a hour each.
I helped do his 1 hour job that took 4 hours for 80 bucks and he got a 20 tip and he was so excited. I bought the gas for the mowers and put some in my truck. 55 bucks. They put the 100 up. I didn’t even get my gas money out. There was 3 of us then. So that would of been 33 each but I spent 55.
Get him to cut your grass. You will save money. JK lols.

They are mad at me now because I won’t go cut this yard.for the 320. They won’t even sit at a table and talk about it.
So if I did it. I would have 8 hours total. My equipment and what would I receive.
I think I’ll go do it.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
U could get my son in law.
He wants to do that job for
Use my equipment
I figured 64 in gas 20 gallons trucks and equipment
That leaves 256. He said it’s a 3 hour job. With 3 peeps. Corel it said his yard is the same and ours is to.
2 hours mowing. But the debris in the yard needs picking up. Then hedges and weed earring. Then pick up trimmings from hedges and this place is landscaped nice. Load up and leave.
I see 5 hours with 3 peeps.
Take that 256 left divide by 3.
That’s 85 each for 3 hours work.
Well somebody has to buy blades for that mower. String for weed eater and the debris has to come off trailer.
Not blades and string every time but.
Someone has to sharpen the blades like mower and hedger. Change oil one day. At his rate it would be 28 a hour per man with 3 hours. Only problem I see 6 hours. That’s 14 a hour each.
I helped do his 1 hour job that took 4 hours for 80 bucks and he got a 20 tip and he was so excited. I bought the gas for the mowers and put some in my truck. 55 bucks. They put the 100 up. I didn’t even get my gas money out. There was 3 of us then. So that would of been 33 each but I spent 55.
Get him to cut your grass. You will save money. JK lols.

They are mad at me now because I won’t go cut this yard.for the 320. They won’t even sit at a table and talk about it.
So if I did it. I would have 8 hours total. My equipment and what would I receive.
I think I’ll go do it.
I take it he isn't going back with his own equipment and 2 other peeps for 320. :rofl: :rofl: