Late OSU July update just for

July Update...
359711031_10232210928158157_4866226290740817265_n.jpg

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
And somehow they've played a full seasons less games than #2-4. 294 games for OSU, 305 for UGA and OU and 307 for UA.

How does that work?

Simple. New math. :bounce:

Madsnooker

Good gracious! Coach Day is still crying about that devastating hit on Harrison. https://www.dawgnation.com/football/javon-bullard-ryan-day-georgia/XRIL5RTMPBG2TEVHTY5ZASIFW4/
In all fairness he is the coach of the team that call affected. Lol and he was asked about it on an interview that covered many topics. He's not running around still crying about it.
If the call was upheld and uga would have certainly lost and Kirby was doing an offseason interview and was asked about his thoughts on targeting surely you realize he would have given his thoughts on the mater!!!

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
In all fairness he is the coach of the team that call affected. Lol and he was asked about it on an interview that covered many topics. He's not running around still crying about it.
If the call was upheld and uga would have certainly lost and Kirby was doing an offseason interview and was asked about his thoughts on targeting surely you realize he would have given his thoughts on the mater!!!
Even if he was asked about it in an interview, he's still implying the hit was illegal. Officiating, and the eyes of many others, see nothing more than a devastating, clean hit. Even the guys calling the game seen it that way. Only Day sees the hit differently. So yeah, he's still crying about it. I don't recall how you feel about it. Do you think the hit was illegal or not? I won't make fun of you if you see it differently. You prolly have bad eyes anyway. :bounce:

Madsnooker

Even if he was asked about it in an interview, he's still implying the hit was illegal. Officiating, and the eyes of many others, see nothing more than a devastating, clean hit. Even the guys calling the game seen it that way. Only Day sees the hit differently. So yeah, he's still crying about it. I don't recall how you feel about it. Do you think the hit was illegal or not? I won't make fun of you if you see it differently. You prolly have bad eyes anyway. :bounce:
I think it was borderline. When watched in real-time it clearly looks like targeting and no surprise it was called targeting on the field. If most pup fans are honest when that play happened in real time the thought was targeting as well. Watching the replay you can see it wasn't as clear a call. Helmets did touch but he did lead with his shoulder. I believe he was knocked out from the hit and his body language going down looks that way as well. I've seen way less targeting calls upheld all year just on the defenseless angle itself.
I'm ok with the overturn. I even said that right after the call the night of the game as I hate the targeting call in general. Im all for it for malicious stuff but not that kind of play. It is what it is. :wink:

Last edited:

MudDucker

Staff member
Only borderline on that hit is that was on the back borderline of the end zone!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

He's right. Even in real time it's obvious the helmet to helmet contact was incidental. Slow it down and it's obvious it wasn't targeting. It was a good, hard, clean hit, plain and simple.

Let's not get into a referee calls made the difference argument. We whipped y'all and as they say up in Dawqsonville, thas all there ares hoss.

Madsnooker

He's right. Even in real time it's obvious the helmet to helmet contact was incidental. Slow it down and it's obvious it wasn't targeting. It was a good, hard, clean hit, plain and simple.

Let's not get into a referee calls made the difference argument. We whipped y'all and as they say up in Dawqsonville, thas all there ares hoss.
They didn't whip OSU hoss. :rofl: as a mater of fact I had to talk 3/4 of you lame pup fans off the ledge for a good portion of the second half as most said they were going to bed they had seen enough. OSU was up 38-24 and had the targeting been upheld would have went up 45-24 and the rout was on. I didn't cry about that call that night or after and everyone here knows that. I do think Harrison was defenseless and the defender launched into a defenseless player and helmet to helmet contact was made. But again, I hate targeting for the most part. OSU has been on the short end of Targeting almost eveytime it's called in an OSU game. Cost us against Clemson in a playoff game as well. As a mater of fact check this play out below that happened just 2 games before the Ga game. Targeting was correctly not called after this play but then it got reviewed and overturned and called targeting against OSU and that player had to sit a half against ttun the next week. Again the call for targeting was made by replay officials as they are running it over and over. They said the receiver was defenseless and the defender went high in the neck and head area. Also, ironically, and what has made OSU fans furious is the same official that was in the both that spoke on national TV during that Maryland game and said the replay officials made the right call was the same fool that was in the both and spoke to Herbstriet and Fowler and said he didn't see targeting in the pup game????? Again, as I've said multiple times, I'm ok with the overturn in the pup game but my personal opinion is Harrison was hit in the head and knocked unconscious as a defenseless player. Multiple refs threw a flag. OSU still did what they had to do at the end of the game as the pups still couldn't stop OSU even without their top 3 running backs, top 2 receivers and the starting TE as Stroud took them straight down the field once again and the game was out of everyone's hand but the kickers and he chocked miserably. I blame that much more then the call. It was a great game and I have not ever or will blame it on the refs.

Now for the play I referenced above that was clearly NOT targeting, correctly not called after the play, but then after replay officials could watch it over and over and conclude targeting, by the letter of the rule, was made just leaves Buckeye fans scratching their head after hearing the explanation in the pup game.
img].gif

James12

It wasn’t called targeting so it wasn’t targeting by the letter. However every dawg and football fan alike knows that play is called targeting 99/100 times in today’s game. Dawgs got lucky (even if they won’t admit it) that it wasn’t called targeting. The powers in charge needed a close game for ratings.

MudDucker

Staff member

If you look at it in slow time, as I did. You will see the OSU player's head moved to cause the minor helmet to helmet contact. The most helmet contact was the receiver hitting the ground. I rarely worry too much about officials getting into games, but this one and one against Alabama were straight up screw ups for the officiating. Bottom line is and will always be, the DAWGS made the plays they had to win and the acorns didn't! :clap::fine:

MudDucker

Staff member
It wasn’t called targeting so it wasn’t targeting by the letter. However every dawg and football fan alike knows that play is called targeting 99/100 times in today’s game. Dawgs got lucky (even if they won’t admit it) that it wasn’t called targeting. The powers in charge needed a close game for ratings.

Thank you from the cheap seats at Tennis Shoe/Crab Leg U!