Iron bowl

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Nothing like waking up to video of Rammer Jammer being sung in Auburn’s house!

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

BamaGeorgialine

Bad way to end the game with a terrible no call in the endzone.
What penalty was missed? If you are going to say pass interference then rewatch the whole game. They weren't calling that for either team. I realize that some folks would rather watch a game of penalties. I prefer to watch them play football. There were a bunch of terrible calls both ways. Bama hasn't ever outright won a game. They cheat or they lose.

Geffellz18

Reviewing the UGA/Tech thread was pretty humorous with the homers griping about penalties. As if the Dawgs were 100% clean and the only way there was poor execution was due to missed calls or calls that shouldn’t be called against the dawgs!
Kind of sad really in reality! It happens, on both sides-get over it. It’s a ball game. None of us have any REAL stake in the outcome other than an immediate, yet brief emotional high or breakdown!
Oh, and Yeah the tide is terrified to play the Dawgs next week too-Forgot to mention that.
I guess if Bama somehow stumbles to a victory next week, there’s going to be an after show of the game to show every single missed call(only in Bama’s favor!) to show how the mighty Dawgs were taken down-It surely won’t be because they were out coached or played-Not in todays era anyways! ::ke:
I feel both teams are evenly matched at this point in the year. Both started off slow and looked marginal to me. Now both teams are executing better in all phases, but have their weaknesses.
These rivalry games can go either way, no matter what the records are as mentioned already.
Both teams got the absolute best from their opponents yesterday and both opponents had pathways to victory-Simple as that.
I Roll with the Tide through and through, but if the Dawgs win, good on them-They deserve it and I’ll be pulling for them to take it all the way once again!

BamaGeorgialine

Reviewing the UGA/Tech thread was pretty humorous with the homers griping about penalties. As if the Dawgs were 100% clean and the only way there was poor execution was due to missed calls or calls that shouldn’t be called against the dawgs!
Kind of sad really in reality! It happens, on both sides-get over it. It’s a ball game. None of us have any REAL stake in the outcome other than an immediate, yet brief emotional high or breakdown!
Oh, and Yeah the tide is terrified to play the Dawgs next week too-Forgot to mention that.
I guess if Bama somehow stumbles to a victory next week, there’s going to be an after show of the game to show every single missed call(only in Bama’s favor!) to show how the mighty Dawgs were taken down-It surely won’t be because they were out coached or played-Not in todays era anyways! ::ke:
I feel both teams are evenly matched at this point in the year. Both started off slow and looked marginal to me. Now both teams are executing better in all phases, but have their weaknesses.
These rivalry games can go either way, no matter what the records are as mentioned already.
Both teams got the absolute best from their opponents yesterday and both opponents had pathways to victory-Simple as that.
I Roll with the Tide through and through, but if the Dawgs win, good on them-They deserve it and I’ll be pulling for them to take it all the way once again!
If I sat around and cried and complained about the refs every single Saturday, I'd hope that my wife would slap me and tell me to shut up because if you cry that much, we already knows who runs the house! Watch some soap operas or Lifetime TV for crying oul loud! Pun intended!!!!!

MudDucker

Staff member

Georgia is one of the least penalized teams this year, so whine all you want. The refs suxed, but no where have you seen us blame any game on the refs.

UGA has some advantages over Bammer on paper, but paper don't play no game.

Geffellz18

Georgia is one of the least penalized teams this year, so whine all you want. The refs suxed, but no where have you seen us blame any game on the refs.

UGA has some advantages over Bammer on paper, but paper don't play no game.
Not sure where it showed that I was whining-You May want to go back and view ANY UGA thread for the whine for your cheese tray! ;)
I’ll wait while you find a single post of me whining!-Actual whining that is!

Completely Agee with the paper advantages-The same could be said for MANY teams and some of those “superior” team that took a loss. See it every season.
You’re right-Paper doesn’t play the game-The players do and from the games I’ve seen, it should be a great, close game.
No matter who wins next week, I’m good. I like the dawgs too.
Only don’t pull for them when they play the Tide-Actually, I was not really hoping they would win, but was super proud of the Dawgs in 2017(18) for taking the game to OT and nearly winning it all since had been so long for the team in a Championship game.
They’re on top now-And I’m still proud of their accomplishments. Kirby’s a DGD. :cheers:

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Not sure where it showed that I was whining-You May want to go back and view ANY UGA thread for the whine for your cheese tray! ;)
I’ll wait while you find a single post of me whining!-Actual whining that is!

Completely Agee with the paper advantages-The same could be said for MANY teams and some of those “superior” team that took a loss. See it every season.
You’re right-Paper doesn’t play the game-The players do and from the games I’ve seen, it should be a great, close game.
No matter who wins next week, I’m good. I like the dawgs too.
Only don’t pull for them when they play the Tide-Actually, I was not really hoping they would win, but was super proud of the Dawgs in 2017(18) for taking the game to OT and nearly winning it all since had been so long for the team in a Championship game.
They’re on top now-And I’m still proud of their accomplishments. Kirby’s a DGC and a DGD. :cheers:
About the refs and such.... You're on a dawgs forum. That's why it seems all dawgs complain about the refs. I'd bet you'd find the same on a AU or Bammer site where 80 percent of your members are of that fan base.

Geffellz18

About the refs and such.... You're on a dawgs forum. That's why it seems all dawgs complain about the refs. I'd bet you'd find the same on a AU or Bammer site where 80 percent of your members are of that fan base.

Without a doubt. When I talk about how I can't stand it, I'm not singling out a fan base

They may actually be worse to be honest, much worse!
This is my only place to get sports banter entertainment!

Whitefeather

Management Material
So many people watching these games just to complain about the referees. There’s a penalty on every play of every game. If called 100% correctly the game would be 5 hours long and scores would be 9-6 and then these same people would complain about that.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
So many people watching these games just to complain about the referees. There’s a penalty on every play of every game. If called 100% correctly the game would be 5 hours long and scores would be 9-6 and then these same people would complain about that.
Agree. 22 players and what.... 5 zebras?

greendawg

If you were getting paid to do a job, lets say laying bricks, and you missed putting mortar on 1 out of every 3 bricks. Do you think the person paying you to do that job would allow that and not complain? Do you think they accept the excuse 'that all the other guys have missed putting mortar at one time or another, so why should you expect me to get it right 100% of the time?' I know they can't see every call, but when something is obvious and they miss it over and over, they need to have oversight. An Auburn player nearly got his helmet ripped off vs Bama and there was no call, yet when a UGA player touched a GT player's helmet but never touched the fackmask he got called for it. There needs to be a quick replay on these types of calls. Targeting is available for replay because it is a player safety issue and horse collar and facemask penalties are safety issues, so why not have quick replay available. It would take 2 seconds to show that in real time.

Whitefeather

Management Material
If you were getting paid to do a job, lets say laying bricks, and you missed putting mortar on 1 out of every 3 bricks. Do you think the person paying you to do that job would allow that and not complain? Do you think they accept the excuse 'that all the other guys have missed putting mortar at one time or another, so why should you expect me to get it right 100% of the time?' I know they can't see every call, but when something is obvious and they miss it over and over, they need to have oversight. An Auburn player nearly got his helmet ripped off vs Bama and there was no call, yet when a UGA player touched a GT player's helmet but never touched the fackmask he got called for it. There needs to be a quick replay on these types of calls. Targeting is available for replay because it is a player safety issue and horse collar and facemask penalties are safety issues, so why not have quick replay available. It would take 2 seconds to show that in real time.
Have you actually ever been to a real life game? Or played in one? You have the advantage of looking at an elevated point of view on TV that allows you the prime area to watch. You have the advantage of watching it with replay. The game and players are moving so fast it is impossible to call every penalty in every game. To compare it to a brick mason is apples and oranges.
I bet you watch the Braves game just to see the blown balls and strikes. Missed calls are just part of the game. They make some mistakes but to argue that it only affects your team is laughable. Just because you see it doesn’t mean the refs saw it.

I suggest you go stand on the sidelines or better yet volunteer to referee a pee wee football game and see exactly how hard it is and know at the level these guys are playing it is 100 times harder.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Horse collar tackles and face mask penalties..... I bet there is a less than 1 percent chance of injury with either of those. I've been horse collared. I've been face masked. I've seen 100s or 1000s on TV. Have never seen anyone actually injured by either. Both are just a convenient place to put a hand on and make a tackle but that's about it. But it's ok to pull somebody's hair or hair extensions out lol.