I'm curious about interacting with Game Wardens

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
What about the majority of cars? They don't have dark tint. Plus a bunch of officers don't have anything to check tint with. If it is illegal to have tint that is too dark, then they should be pulled over. That is only a small percentage of cars on the road
What about the majority of cars.
The point is, it's an excuse to stop someone just to see what else they can find.

notnksnemor

It is a violation of the law. I don't see any problem with stopping someone for it.
facepalm:
You're LE aren't ya?

If you're ok with getting pulled over just on an officers hunch your windows might be too dark, OK.
I'm not.

By the way, why is there a law on window tinting?

Rebel 3

facepalm:
You're LE aren't ya?

If you're ok with getting pulled over just on an officers hunch your windows might be too dark, OK.
I'm not.

I'm pretty sure it is because too dark of tint could cause visibility problems and be dangerous. I have been pulled over and issued a written warning for it. I was in the wrong, even though I was driving somebody else's car and it never crossed my mind. The trooper was doing his job. A bunch of criminals are taken off the street because of minor things like window tint. Had I been drunk and got arrested the trooper could have saved a life.

notnksnemor

I'm pretty sure it is because too dark of tint could cause visibility problems and be dangerous. I have been pulled over and issued a written warning for it. I was in the wrong, even though I was driving somebody else's car and it never crossed my mind. The trooper was doing his job. A bunch of criminals are taken off the street because of minor things like window tint. Had I been drunk and got arrested the trooper could have saved a life.
Thank you for making my point.
If it's illegal because of visibility safety issues, they should stop people and check their sunglasses.

It is a ruse used by LE to get close to the car and driver to look for other issues.
What would you say if you were stopped because they "thought" you were speeding?

Oh, someone soon will chime in soon and say it is for the officers safety approaching a vehicle.

Horse Puckey!

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
facepalm:
You're LE aren't ya?

I'm not.

Maybe it has to do with the officers safety with all the thugs folks talk about. Can’t see in the car on a traffic stop.
Only the law is allowed window tinting so dark u can’t see in. ;)

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
If it's illegal because of visibility safety issues, they should stop people and check their sunglasses.

It is a ruse used by LE to get close to the car and driver to look for other issues.
What would you say if you were stopped because they "thought" you were speeding?

Oh, someone soon will chime in soon and say it is for the officers safety approaching a vehicle.

Horse Puckey!
Here’s your horse pucky.
Just saying what I’ve heard. :bounce:

notnksnemor

Game warden to tinted windows and traffic stop.
The Open Fields Doctrine to window tint laws are correlated. They are both laws used by LE for the same purpose.

If LE suspects you of doing something, there is a process for them to follow to find out if their suspicions are justified.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
The Open Fields Doctrine to window tint laws are correlated. They are both laws used by LE for the same purpose.

If LE suspects you of doing something, there is a process for them to follow to find out if their suspicions are justified.
Law breakers need to learn how to blend in. :)

Rebel 3

Horse Puckey!
A ruse? The window tint was dark and the officer had reasonable suspicion I broke a law. After he checked it he had probable cause. The window tint law was not made for an officer to have an excuse to pull people over. That is a tremendously ridiculous assumption.

notnksnemor

A ruse? The window tint was dark and the officer had reasonable suspicion I broke a law. After he checked it he had probable cause. The window tint law was not made for an officer to have an excuse to pull people over. That is a tremendously ridiculous assumption.
You failed to answer why there is a need for a window tint law.
If it's a vision issue, they should also check the tint of peoples sunglasses to make sure they don't pose the same problem.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
The good ones do.

That's why it's the rest of us that get caught in the smokescreen stop.
Your in the big city areas. ;)
We out pass the areas folks call town. Little town USA. No police department. Sheriff and 3 deputy’s. No stop lite in the town. We got to travel 25 miles to find a stop lite.
28 to Walmart 20 to dollar general.

notnksnemor

One can remove sunglasses at night, over tinted windows, not so much.
Point being, if the driver can see with either, why does LE have to tell them what they can see with.

You can see where this discussion is going to end and it ain't got nuthin to do with the drivers vision.

I'm not even going to mention you can pulled over for window tint in the middle of the day.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Some folk can't make out a point with or without sunglasses.

pottydoc

Agree with treating then with respect. Agree most are simply doing their job.

My question is about law.

Present an ID
Provide license, which shows no deer
Wearing orange vest
Not intoxicated or inhibited

There is no reason to suspect anything illegal has happened. The encounter should be complete, without further interrogation

This ^ If they come by camp, or when I'm not actually hunting, I'll shoot the breeze with them as long as they want. When I'm sitting in a stand, and they come in and ask me to get down so they can see all the required paper work, that's ok too. But after that, time for them to move on and let me (or anyone) get back to hunting.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
This ^ If they come by camp, or when I'm not actually hunting, I'll shoot the breeze with them as long as they want. When I'm sitting in a stand, and they come in and ask me to get down so they can see all the required paper work, that's ok too. But after that, time for them to move on and let me (or anyone) get back to hunting.
It is not ok at all to me for a warden to randomly come to your stand while you're hunting to check you. That would make me quite mad. I only have a limited amount of time to hunt, and I spend hard-earned money on licenses. I don't want my hunt messed up by some yahoo out strolling through the woods at prime time scaring everything off. They can wait until later if they want to check licenses.