The Path of Totality....

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
This whole thing is pure insanity. It's going to darken slowly then get kinda dark for about 10 min, the crickets will come out then it will lighten back up and the crickets will go back to sleep.

Men used to slay wooly mammoths with a stick and a rock. Now they cancel school for a solar eclipse.

I watched the space shuttle explode in school then had to do a math test 30 min later followed by a Russian nuclear bomb drill.

It really is unbelievable at how soft society has become.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
This whole thing is pure insanity. It's going to darken slowly then get kinda dark for about 10 min, the crickets will come out then it will lighten back up and the crickets will go back to sleep.

Men used to slay wooly mammoths with a stick and a rock. Now they cancel school for a solar eclipse.

I watched the space shuttle explode in school then had to do a math test 30 min later followed by a Russian nuclear bomb drill.

It really is unbelievable at how soft society has become.

Don`t forget your atlatl.

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
Then we went home and played with lawn darts, shot each other with bb guns and then passed around a lung dart that someone lifted from their pops on the way home.

I am not even going to begin with quarter sticks and cans of powder. Just unbelievable.

Geffellz18

Was in a meeting in ATL during the last one that we had, and a couple of other ones over the years. No way I would travel specifically to be one’s path of totality. Neat to see and all, but not a life changing experience IMO, especially if you’ve see one before. And those that are stocking up on essentials- :huh: :crazy:
Have one of our Team Members traveling to AR with his entire family for the event…
To each there own.

Last edited:

Redbow

I remember the total eclipse of the Sun in 1969 on September 11th. Myself and three of my fishing buddies were heading to Holts Lake for some fishing fun we thought the fish might bite when things became dark and then the Sun came out again. Yes it did get quite dark we were driving thru Smithfield NC when the Sun went into total eclipse. The street lights came on and people turned on their headlights as they traveled down 301 highway.

We got to our favorite fishing spot just as the Sun was getting quite bright again and out excitement grew as we baited up our hooks and cast out our lines just knowing that the fish would bite on that "second sunrise" as one of my friends called it. I suppose the fish got spooked by the sudden darkness then a few minutes later it was bright sunlight again, To our disappointment we didn't catch a darn thing. Mother nature threw us a curve ball that day with the fishing. But we did get to see a total eclipse of the Sun so the day wasn't totally wasted.

Last edited:

oldfella1962

The Masters starts Monday - ergo Augusta is already losing its collective mind. That said even if it's a partial eclipse here in Augusta, some golfer will have an excuse if they mess up a shot - "the partial sun/moon was/wasn't in my eyes!" :cry:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
The Masters starts Monday - ergo Augusta is already losing its collective mind. That said even if it's a partial eclipse here in Augusta, some golfer will have an excuse if they mess up a shot - "the partial sun/moon was/wasn't in my eyes!" :cry:
I understand being interested in seeing a solar eclipse. I definitely don't understand being interested in seeing people play golf.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I understand being interested in seeing a solar eclipse. I definitely don't understand being interested in seeing people play golf.

Neither one is that important to me. Da erf heats up, da erf cools down.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I must disagree. We look forward to Masters week. :banana: I couldn't care less about he solar thing. Seen it once or twice. That's enough.
I'm the opposite. I'd just as soon watch a japanese beetle eating a weed leaf as to watch golf.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member