Tyin Contest update

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I have almost finished the packages for the contest members. I lack one more item to add to each tonite and they will go postal tomorrow. I put a dry fly hook in each pack but you don't have to tie a dry. You may tie anything you like.We will not beat up on anyone for tying a nymph on a dry fly hook.

ReDawg333

Banned
I have almost finished the packages for the contest members. I lack one more item to add to each tonite and they will go postal tomorrow. I put a dry fly hook in each pack but you don't have to tie a dry. You may tie anything you like.We will not beat up on anyone for tying a nymph on a dry fly hook.

If the winner happens to do just that, do they get an astrisk by their name? Just kidding. Thank you for doing this.

Huntervationist

luck to you all...hate i missed this one!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
OK Threadwinders,stuff is on the way. My return address is on the envelope,so save it somewhere.If you loose it, just send me a PM and I will send. Y'all get creative now! Or as much as you can with the limited material sent!:biggrin2:

BTW,if you don't receive your package in a reasonable time,let me know and I will replace it.

Be sure to check the rules!!!!!!!!!

Have fun.

BOSSOFTHEWOODS

Got mine today!:fine: Hope everyone loves a good challenge! If I read correctly we must use a least a portion of each material sent & somehow make it all fit on the one hook:hair:
Hmm , think I'll tie me a .............

:cheers:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Got mine today!:fine: Hope everyone loves a good challenge! If I read correctly we must use a least a portion of each material sent & somehow make it all fit on the one hook:hair:
Hmm , think I'll tie me a .............

Nope, you can use as little as you like. You can use just one or two things if you like.Just can't use anything not sent,except for thread and head cement.

BOSSOFTHEWOODS

Gee,thanks ,now I got a 1001 choices,this is gonna take some thought! Hmm,think I'll tie a ......no wait,maybe a ......

Thanks for doing this, will be interesting to see what everyone comes up with!

bucktail

Tied and going out tomorrow. I liked it so much I made a backup to fish it.

Thanks for hosting!!!!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Hey Y'all,if you don't mind,toe tag the flies with user name and real name. I will be bound to mess up if you don't.:O It will help me make sure I credit the winner correctly.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Awesome. Y'all are fast.:clap:

Tentwing

WOW........That was fast. I still haven't gotten my package yet....:(
I wouldn't panic just yet. I do live a state further away than most of you guys and my area is pretty rural ,.........so the mail is kinda slow here. :rolleyes:

I will update you when mine arrives, and I'll try to tie fast so as not to hold everyone up...................Tentwing

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
WOW........That was fast. I still haven't gotten my package yet....:(
I wouldn't panic just yet. I do live a state further away than most of you guys and my area is pretty rural ,.........so the mail is kinda slow here. :rolleyes:

I will update you when mine arrives, and I'll try to tie fast so as not to hold everyone up...................Tentwing

It is not a problem. I put a deadline pretty far out. No need to rush. With 22 entries I expect a package or two to fail to arrive at their intended destination. So if a couple weeks pass and someone did not get their package,I would have time to re-mail.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
You do not need to return unused materials. Just the finished fly.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I will put Received by your user name in the locked thread when I get your fly.

Tentwing

Paymaster;

I got in from work last night , and had gotten tying package in the mail. :)

Upon further exam this AM I realized there was no hook :huh: Please describe for me the size and gauge of the hook so I can best match it to what every one else has. Or in the interest of fairplay if everyone else deems this solution unacceptable I am willing to drop out and wait for the next tying contest.

I am happy to abide by whatever my fellow board members decide. :)

...............Tentwing

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
You can replace.

PM sent.

yaknfish

Got back from the beach and my little package of feathers and fur was waiting for me. No idea yet what to do with it. But it'll be fun figuring it out!

MadDawg51

Got back from the beach and my little package of feathers and fur was waiting for me. No idea yet what to do with it. But it'll be fun figuring it out!

Yak, You had fur???? Mine only had feathers. Some of which I cannot identify. But, I'm pretty sure they aren't fur.

MadDawg