If Gamecocks beat Jawja...

paddlin samurai

How long before Richt gets the axe? Does he make it thru the season? It will be interesting to see how many fans stick with him and support Bobo as OC. If we lose to Jawja i think we still support Spurrier to the end.

lilburnjoe

Gone But Not Forgotten
I don't think Richt will ever be on the hot seat. I do believe Richt will leave on his own accord if things go south quickly.

Are all the Cocks healthy ?

FootLongDawg

Liily- Open the drapes in your mama's basement and look outside. There is a whole world out there you are missing. Mark Richt IS most defintely on the hot seat, make no mistake about it. Although I seriously doubt he will be fired anytime during the season, if the bulldawg nation wants him gone at the end of it...he will be gone. Most of us like Mark Richt, but our patience is wearing thin.

fairhopebama

How long before Richt gets the axe? Does he make it thru the season? It will be interesting to see how many fans stick with him and support Bobo as OC. If we lose to Jawja i think we still support Spurrier to the end.

Not again...Are we going here already?:hair:

Hut2

Liily- Open the drapes in your mama's basement and look outside. There is a whole world out there you are missing. Mark Richt IS most defintely on the hot seat, make no mistake about it. Although I seriously doubt he will be fired anytime during the season, if the bulldawg nation wants him gone at the end of it...he will be gone. Most of us like Mark Richt, but our patience is wearing thin.

I agree!

irishleprechaun

A lot of people on 680 were talking about a split in the USC and MSU games. So if USC beats UGA then I don't think there is fire talk (except for SHD:D). Most people think that even losing that game UGA could be a possible 9 or 10 win team.

UGA needs to worry about BSU first, just like we need to worry about ECU.

huntindawg

and support Bobo as OC.

Show me a fan that supports Bobo as OC and I'll show you a fool.

If we lose to Jawja i think we still support Spurrier to the end.

Of course you will...y'all just won the East for the first time ever last year. And even if you hadn't you would still never fire Spurrier in the middle of the season. He's the best thing that's ever happened to SC football, which we all know ain't really saying much. This is an asinine statement.

What the many fail to understand is what the DawgNation expects in 2011 as it pertains to CMR and the product on the field. That would be a team that plays like Bulldogs are supposed to. Should they do that and still lose the first two it will only mean that more were right about the team needing a few games of seasoning before expecting too much.

So no, losing to the Gamecocks won't doom him unless our team just gives up and quits playing.

ACguy

We are talking about UGA and Richt . He is not going to get fired during the season . He will probly be around for a few more years.

gin house

Ive been a gamecocks fan my whole life and i will say ive never heard of one of our coaches gettin on the hot seat for losing to UGA, thats been a pretty common thing for a long time. If spurrier wasnt here we would have been in a dead heat with vanderbilt last season for back of the pack. Usc fans will support Spurrier, hes brought sucess that has never been here. Not trying to vent on ya but its kind of odd when i hear gamecocks fans that act like we've always been a thorn in the side of the top sec teams. JMHO

brownceluse

A lot of people on 680 were talking about a split in the USC and MSU games. So if USC beats UGA then I don't think there is fire talk (except for SHD:D). Most people think that even losing that game UGA could be a possible 9 or 10 win team.

UGA needs to worry about BSU first, just like we need to worry about ECU.

Exactly!:cool:

westcobbdog

[/COLOR]

Ive been a gamecocks fan my whole life and i will say ive never heard of one of our coaches gettin on the hot seat for losing to UGA, thats been a pretty common thing for a long time. If spurrier wasnt here we would have been in a dead heat with vanderbilt last season for back of the pack. Usc fans will support Spurrier, hes brought sucess that has never been here. Not trying to vent on ya but its kind of odd when i hear gamecocks fans that act like we've always been a thorn in the side of the top sec teams. JMHO

Gin you hit the nail on the head for me,too.

gin house

Gin you hit the nail on the head for me,too.

Hey man, I like to poke at yall dawg fans but ive been a USC fan in the bad years too. Its kind of funny to listen to people( i frequent a USC recruiting site) and ask if a certain four or five star recruit is a take or not? That baffles me to no end. Weve never been in that position, we've never been picked to beat UGa, Uf and UT. Were in new waters, I knew we would be and not to rant but we're getting better and better. IMO, We will be a factor in the east from here on out for a while, recruiting is the big factor and theyve started the trend. But its ridiculous to hear people talk like usc has ever been a threat to the sec or anyone in general, sure the morrison time was great but over a hundred years of football thats not good. Im a realist, i like to poke at people but IMO USC is turning the corner with SOS and i think in the next few years the SEC will have a formidable opponent in the east along with UGA, UF and UT. But i know theres the ones who dwell in the past say otherwise. Tell that to Florida, they were identical to USC before spurrier, look at em now.(not saying we go that far but ....)

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Good posts gin but you are going to be very disappointed if you hang your hopes on recruiting.

I say that for a few reasons. First, you will not recruit your way into a championship. It will not happen. There are people here that love to say that it is all about the palyers. That's bull balogna. We are a prime example of this.

UGA has always recruited well. maybe not as well as these last ten years but we have always recruited well. My wife was in Athens last week and picked up a media guide for me. I was looking through it and it has the starters fro every UGA team going back years and years. I had forgotten how much talent was on some of those Goff and Donnan teams. It was unreal.

Mark Richt has recruited very, very well at UGA, better than anyone in the history of the program in fact. And we have just been good under him. Not great.

I will grudgingly admit that I was wrong about Spurrier being washed up. He can still coach. I absolutely despise the man but he is a good coach. But he is an old man too. And he is not going to be around a ton more years. So the key for SC is to make sure you get the right guy when Spurrier goes. It is all about coaching. Take it from a man who knows. My coach has recruited his tail off and he has two SECCs to show for it. Meanwhile, Florida has won two NCs, LSU has two, Alabama has one and Auburn has one.

I'm not bashing Richt. It is just the truth. He's got the players or has had them during his time at UGA. He just has not done enough with them. I know you hate for me to say that the '07 team should not have lost SC but I'm sorry, that is just the truth. Look at who was on those two teams and tell me that SC had the better players. You can't do it. But par for tthe course with Richt, his team wasn't ready to play that day. It is all about caoching. Recruiting is fun to talk about and you do need talented players but Having a good coach is more important. If you have a good coach, he will win and then getting top flight talent will take care of itsself.

Also, don't assume that things are just going to get better and better. That's what we all thought at the end of the 2007 season. Look what has happened since then. Take it from a guy who has had his hopes dashed. It can go wrong in a hurry.

Tennessee is down right now. But they will not stay down. SC is benefitting from Tennessee's misfortune. That is a fact.

SC may go on and have some very good seasons. No way to know. But the number one thing you guys need to do is to get a good coach when Spurrier leaves. Because in the end, good coaching is what will get you where you want to go. UGA is proof that recruiting is not the road to a NC.

gin house

SGD, I agree with most all of what you say. Its the number one thing that USC has to do when spurrier decides to leave is not to make a mistake with the coach that takes over, if we do all is lost. I know you dont agree about the talent level making the difference but i really do. Coach spurrier has said all along that if he has equal talent he can outcoach any coach, now i dont know about all the later of that but i agree you have to have elite talent to win games. Talent wins games granted they are coachable. What i like about our staff is the evaluation, i know the stars ratings are good but you have to evaluate and recruit per your needs. Im not knocking UGA whatsoever, i will say they get tons of highly rated recruits every year but ive seen little from them, do they recruit for their needs or hop on the highest rated player? The 07 team, Im not sure but i imagine UGA was eat up in talent but USC had quite a few on that team that are in the pros right now, i know of at least one first rounder, we werent short on talent with that team but i know stafford and moreno were playing also, thats why they play the game but uga may have had more talent. But dont discount the talent on USC's roster that year, one of the best wr in the NFL today, sidney rice was on that team, Jasper Brinkley, Johnathan Joseph(first round) captain munnerlyn, eric norwood, emmanuel cook cory boyd, ryan succop and a few more im sure that i cant think of that are in the Nfl now were on that team. Most all these listed are starters in the pros right now. Uga lost to a good group of guys, i will say that. I do agree, we have to have a good coach come in after spurrier, i think the talent will keep coming as long as wins do. Things are looking better, heck, cant get worse really, i remember a season with no wins and the next season one win. I truly think we've turned the corner but time will tell. Spurrier had to take a hit at his win record for us but hes changing the landscape. lol

Crimson

Richt doesn't get fired during the season. He can start 0-2 and still run the table. If he beats, UT, UF, Tech he keeps his job.