Lanier - Still Hot!

Lanier Jim

On the water later in day with TJLee...a 19 yr old that loves to fish! DS was king again...all on humps and hidden points with a big change of depth...not a slope...but a quick deep change...a ledge!

My DS bite has been great all summer...only one time did I catch a few spottails to show Chase how to do it. Today - was no different - just a great DS day.

The fish were right in the brush or suspended above it again...fish off the brush wouldn't hit anything...but boy, if you dropped right in it...hang on. Just look at the sonar shot - talk about fish being schooled up! We saw this kind of stuff several times today.

TJLee has never really fished the DS - but I think that is going to change. We ended up with 15 fish...and worked the last hour on 5 brushpiles to get the 15th...with TJ being the hero! The kid boated 6 of the 15 and had one that looked like it swallowed a cantaloupe! We had some big fish today...4 going around 3#...and one that we weighed on the digital scale TJ brought that went 4.11#. TJ made a video of the fight...the fish hit on a deep hump...wrapped me up in brush...I had to give her line...and finally got her to swim out and boated her. Hopefully he sends me the video to post...or TJ, post it up yourself.

The magic depth was around 25'...if you had brush in the range with a ledge going deeper next to it...good fish were there...and they loved the Rainbow fruity's again. I think TJ became the newest member of the Rainbow Warrior Club!

Great day - alot of good laughs - and some good fish too!

Hope to see you on the water -

LJ

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 580
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 577
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 565
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 576
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 576
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 570

iTJLee

I had a blast, LJ! Thanks for everything, I learned alot from you. I will post the videos as soon as I get to a more reliable Internet source. Possibly tonight or tomorrow sometime. Thanks again!

shadow2

looks like you guys had a great afternoon.. I think that i passed by you around 4 or 415 this afternoon I was in a white triton. They were biting for me as well.. A great afternoon to be on the water

jsimages

I told you so tj!!!!!! Lanier jim is amazing at dropshot and sonar. Man im so glad you got to go out with him and hope you learned a boat load as I did. Jim thanks again for sharing your knowledge with all of us and tight lines my friend.

Lanier Jim

TJ - awesome time youngin - I look forward to the video.

Shadow - yep, I think you waved at us.

Capt. C - shoot me a PM if you want to go have some fun with the Green Fish! Let's see...8# line...medium action spinning rod...25' of water...drop shot...and a 4# spot! Yeah - you better bring an extra pair of boxers with you! :)

jsimages - thanks for the kind words...and lets get out again soon. They were killing the fruity's today!

LJ

iTJLee

I told you so tj!!!!!! Lanier jim is amazing at dropshot and sonar. Man im so glad you got to go out with him and hope you learned a boat load as I did. Jim thanks again for sharing your knowledge with all of us and tight lines my friend.

Man, my head hurts because I learned so much. :)
That trip makes me want to sell everything I own and buy a sonar graph and some DS tackle. I had a blast! I just turned auto sensitivity off on my cheap Lowrance and manually turned the sensitivity up, we'll see how it works out for now. I have to say, LJ spoiled me. Big time! I'd make the 2 hour trip everyday to do it if I could!

Video will be up tomorrow evening, I have to figure out how to downsize it and convert the file type so I can upload it to YouTube.

DJKASH

great day fellas.... LJ, when we headed out? :)

DJKASH

great day fellas.... LJ, when we headed out? :)

Lanier Jim

Great job TJ - nice video...too bad you had to cut out the part where the fish got tied up in the brush...and how to get him out. Works most times - and glad it did this time!

LJ

Lanier Jim

We have a few over here on Lanier...but you guys on Carter's...those big spots roam around in the schools the size of herring! Someone told me the fish on Carter's are in about 460' of water right now...is that true? :)

LJ

iTJLee

Great job TJ - nice video...too bad you had to cut out the part where the fish got tied up in the brush...and how to get him out. Works most times - and glad it did this time!

LJ

Thanks, LJ!
I had not yet started filming when the fish wrapped you up, wish I had though. That smaller spot was more of a fight than the big one was! :whip:
Great fishing man, ready to do it again. I'll have an Okuma EVX next time we go out and my own fruity worms. :banana:

Lanier Jim

LoL -

Chase...yes, I'm a sissy, sit down to pee, and miss you bunches :love:

TJ - Ahhhhhh - yet another has fallen prey to the Rainbow Warrior Club. I know you liked the EVx...I saw you holding it and kiss it goodbye.

LJ

Louie B

Yep, most everything are 350-400ft. Whatever you do, stay out of 30-50ft, nothing up there at all. :)

LB

Lanier Jim

Hawghunna - great time with the youngster. Yep - didn't take but a few fish for him to get spoiled! He loved the fishing...but was amazed with the sonar stuff. He couldn't believe the fish we were on and catching...just loads of them.

LJ