Poacher Caught In The Act

Allen Oliver

Get him Scott. Had the same problem years ago on a lease I had in Houston County. We didn't have trail cams back then to help with the problem. I would line that side of the property with every spare camera I could come up with and get more evidence. This is not the first time he has done that to yall from the way he just walked out across the plot.

tcward

I hate it that he was poaching and by no means do I agree with poaching.....but if he owns land next to you....you might want to think long and hard about stirring this pot with him......he could make life miserable trying to hunt on that side of the club. Just saying.
You might first try confronting him with the pictures......just say look we have this property leased and if you don't mind....please stay on your side. I think you would get a lot further than going straight to LEO and having him hung for killing a yearling.
:hair:facepalm::hair:

mossyoakpro

I hate it that he was poaching and by no means do I agree with poaching.....but if he owns land next to you....you might want to think long and hard about stirring this pot with him......he could make life miserable trying to hunt on that side of the club. Just saying.
You might first try confronting him with the pictures......just say look we have this property leased and if you don't mind....please stay on your side. I think you would get a lot further than going straight to LEO and having him hung for killing a yearling.

Maybe you would like this guy as your neighbor? Tell us where you have hunting land and we will send him right over to cut down some of your deer.....

He needs to learn a lesson....he has camo on so he had all intentions of blasting a deer....whether it was on his 8 acres or the neighbors. I am sick and tired of folks thinking they can just do what they want with no consequences whatsoever. I personally hopes he gets the maximum penalty for such behavior.

JMO

sleepr71

He has 8 acres...and as much of yours as he can cover on foot. He's been there & done that before..judging by his actions & no orange vest on. Also,ya'll need to change your habits...as he obviously has YOU patterned:):cheers:

Odd How.....

So what happened with GW?

Once these things get to Law Enforcement they just seem to dry up...........Huh...........

And I realize Law Enforcement at all levels are very busy...these things seem so important to us...and seem to lack intensity once put into the hands of those that could actually do something about it...Nutz !!!

Old Bart

Some of y'all are lucky you've never dealt with rough neighbors before. As previously mentioned this guy has probably done this before on your land, he just happened to get caught this time. He's got you patterned so be careful how you act.

For example we had a tract of 200+ acres in the Adirondack mountains in Northern NY as a summer home. Every year we hit the woods we found deep ruts and atv tracks when nobody was supposed to be there. My uncle eventually caught 2 guys tearing up the place on some fancy Yamaha Raptors but confronted them with a 410 loaded with buckshot facepalm:
He shot just over their heads hoping to scare em off... Turned out they didn't like being shot at and continued to break through our barricades, poach our animals and set up spikes along the atv trails attempting to pop our tires.

Although this encounter wasn't handled very well and varies from yours, be cognoscente of your neighbors. They can be a royal pain.

sinclair1

I hope you get him. I can't figure why a poached deer drops in 5 feet, and if I shoot one he runs 100 yards:huh:

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
One of my leases is near there too. I'll keep an eye out and see if I see this guy.

Best statement yet! Finally someone with some sense.... Thinking unbiased.....

Anyone stop to think that maybe he shot the deer on his land and thats where it happen to stop and fall?

ted_BSR

Yeah, NO. So a guy breaks into your house. You arm yourself to protect your family and your belongings, and you politely ask him to leave and not come back?

I don't think so, Hang him.

ALLBEEF

I guess most of you guys have never done something that you needed forgiveness for?? I try to judge like I would like to be judged. Not at all...lol

So the next time some of you get stopped for speeding.....just grin and take the ticket on the chin without complaining or trying to get out of it. :cool:

Last edited:

ScottA

Anyone stop to think that maybe he shot the deer on his land and thats where it happen to stop and fall?

You can see the deer standing in our food plot in the first picture. A couple of minutes later it's laying dead and the poacher is walking up to it.

ScottA

He has 8 acres...and as much of yours as he can cover on foot. He's been there & done that before..judging by his actions & no orange vest on. Also,ya'll need to change your habits...as he obviously has YOU patterned:):cheers:

I don't think he has the guys who hunt this area patterned, because they hunt other areas of property also. Additionally, on at least one occasion he was seen approaching the property line and then walks off if he sees one of our members sitting on the plot.

blt152

I guess most of you guys have never do something that you needed forgiveness for. I try to judge like I would like to be judged. Not at all...lol

So the next time some of you get stopped for speeding.....just grin and take the ticket on the chin without complaining or trying to get out of it. :cool:

If you get caught the only complaint is, you got caught!! With any luck this guy will get to tell his side of the story to the GW for the game law violations and the Sheriff for the trespassing charge. I for one can think of no reason to poach or to trespass. As far as complaining, the guy is caught red handed in a photo poaching and trespassing!! What has he got to complain about?? That he got caught?? Sorry but if you do the crime you better be prepared to do the time!!