Snake Boots

bbb6765

After scouting my new club in Talbot County, I would feel much better knowing that I have some snake boots. Do any of you wear them, if so which brand?

markland

Absolutely all the time since I have alot of snakes on my lease. I just got my new pair of Lacrosse Alpha Mudlite snake boots in and can't wait to put them to use. Feel and fit like my other Alpha Lites but are a little stiff, but should wear in well.

mudcreek

Make sure you get some pull on or zip up. Otherwise you might find it too easy to say "they're too much trouble to lace up, I can do without them today".Then what happens.

markland

Amazon was the best price I found, about $144 w/free shipping! Got them in about 3 days.

Skunkhound

I went with the Irish Setter Vapyrtrex. They're lace ups, but super light, and incredibly comfortable. This will be my first season trying them out, so I can't give a complete review yet.

Jake Allen

Danner Pronghorns for me, hands down. I bought mine in 2009, and they are still comfortable, waterproof, quiet and in one piece. I cannot even made a good guess of how many miles I have on a pair. I will be sad when they give it up.
I am breaking in a pair of Lacrosse Adders this summer to use a back ups. I got these at a really good price a few months back. They are okay, but nothing compared to the Pronghorns.

Attachments

• danners.jpg
    danners.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 572

Swamperdog

My son and I have a lease in Meriwether/Talbot counties and I can say you DEFINITELY need snake boots down there. Lots of rattlesnakes and copperheads. My son wears Lacrosse Mudlites and I have Lacrosse Adders.

I would rather scrimp and save for some $170 snake boots than pay the emergency room bills for a snake bite. (or worse) cheapest insurance I can think of other than staying out of the woods.

-Swamperdog

Gaswamp

I thought all you traditional guys wore moccassins or went bare-footed::ke:

7Mag Hunter

Redhead....5yrs and still going strong.....Stiff like ski boots when
new, but very comfy when broken in......Waterproof and won't
break the bank.....
Have not had a regular boots (8"-10") on since i bought them...

Bama B

Will not get out of the truck with out my Danners. Right now everything flooded around here. Snakes every were.

Barry Duggan

Been wearing a pair of Rocky pull-ons for about five years now. Haven't been completely waterproof for about the last three. One of them is much better, since I reglued most of the sole with shoe goo.

oldfella1962

I don't wear them. My luck if I buy any I'll just get bit in the neck anyway. Same reason I never wore my body armor in Iraq - when it's your time, it's your time. No reason to die uncomfortable. :fine:

Robert Warnock

Been using Rocky's for several years. Haven't had a snake test yet, but they hold up good in water and briars.