Georgia vs Carolina

Matthew6

Banned thug
Y'all can blame Bobo, but if your defense allows 38 points in the sec, you will likely loose.

Garnto88

Damian Swann was terrible as usual. He had an interception but he got beat over and over. They threw at him all day.

Shadow11

The holding penalty w/ 1:10 to go in the first ,on the long gurly td was a joke. Gurly was 40 yrds down field from where the "mistery" hold took place, b4 the ref even started reaching for the flag. Ga ended up punting. Ballgame.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Last edited:

ddavis1120

Did anyone else notice the ref spotted the ball on the wrong side of his foot on the fourth down play? So it was a football's length and refs foot too generous of a spot. I hope the whole crew gets fired. We didn't play worth a flip but the SEC has to get the officiating problems taken care of.

SpotandStalk

im almost scared to get on facebook to see which one of my bulldog friends are currently standing on a bridge ready to jump

Last week the national championship was a lock---now this

T

:bounce:

This was a tough loss for the Dawgs.

RipperIII

I have to disagree, this one was on the refs, every time we have that ref and I'm assuming same crew I only remember the guy that does the talking there's more penalties against us than who ever we are playing. The sc Oline was blatantly holding 90% of the game taking the pass rush away which helped to make the secondary look a lil worse than they really are. Even uga hating Danielson said so.

UGA is and has been one of the most heavily penalized teams in College football for many, many years.
Richt has even stated that he is not concerned about the number of penalties ..."it's just players playing hard" (paraphrase)
don't believe me? go check your stats.
I've never understood this mentality. :crazy:

Shadow11

That ref could have called holding on 90% of the plays that were equally as bad as the one he called on the long gurly td. The fact that he didnt throw the flag til gurly was 40 yrds away and jogging into the endzone is a joke.

SAhunter

Great game. I didn't think my alma mater was even going to stand a chance honestly based on previous performance. Missed calls on both sides of the ball. Too bad CBS could not get any other announcers for that game. Stop giving those two the preference.

lbzdually

Banned
Its not the post its end of the last link in the chain, so there is always a small gap between the actual first down spot and the post

Whoever told you that was a liar, it is inside of pole to inside of pole. If there is any space between the ball and pole, it is supposed to be short according to the rules of college football, HS football, and the NFL, too. USC and their fans see the evidence that the refs were wrong, so they start claiming the rules are different than they actually are to fool ignorant people.

fish hawk

Bass Master
It's one loss on the road in a tough environment to a team that always plays Ga. hard......Seasons long and it's still early, anything can happen in college football.I've been a Dawg my whole life and will continue to be a Dawg no matter if they win or loose..........Go Dawgs!!!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
What we know:

1. Hutson Mason is a good quarterback but he is no David Greene, Aaron Murray or Eric Zeier.

2. TGIII is going to get his numbers but basically he was contained. O line problems.

3. To many excellent kick off returns by SC for great field position. Special teams problems.

4. Our kicking game is weak. 2 missed FG's made the difference.

5. Changing DC's has made no impact.

6. The 'Ole Ball Coach has our number. It just took him longer to get his mojo back at SC.

The one bright spot - our O backs. TGIII overshadows them but they are all starters anywhere else.

You can boo hoo the refs, Bobo and everything else you want to. Champions find ways to win games, especially the ones that matter most. We aren't championship caliber.

Congrats on the win SC. You did it fair and square and beat us at the line of scrimmage the old fashioned way.

Our schedule doesn't help us. The cream puff teams we are going to play are not going to help us sharpen up for UT, Auburn and the Gators.

Georgia Hard Hunter

Whoever told you that was a liar, it is inside of pole to inside of pole. If there is any space between the ball and pole, it is supposed to be short according to the rules of college football, HS football, and the NFL, too. USC and their fans see the evidence that the refs were wrong, so they start claiming the rules are different than they actually are to fool ignorant people.

I was the guy who explains the rules on the broadcast of the Georgia/Carolina game at the time this happened.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
My Facebook feed blew up today with pics of that like it did "Chris Davis stepped out of bounds" pics

T

biggdogg

What we know:

1. Hutson Mason is a good quarterback but he is no David Greene, Aaron Murray or Eric Zeier.

2. TGIII is going to get his numbers but basically he was contained. O line problems.

3. To many excellent kick off returns by SC for great field position. Special teams problems.

4. Our kicking game is weak. 2 missed FG's made the difference.

5. Changing DC's has made no impact.

6. The 'Ole Ball Coach has our number. It just took him longer to get his mojo back at SC.

The one bright spot - our O backs. TGIII overshadows them but they are all starters anywhere else.

You can boo hoo the refs, Bobo and everything else you want to. Champions find ways to win games, especially the ones that matter most. We aren't championship caliber.

Congrats on the win SC. You did it fair and square and beat us at the line of scrimmage the old fashioned way.

Our schedule doesn't help us. The cream puff teams we are going to play are not going to help us sharpen up for UT, Auburn and the Gators.

I wouldn't discredit the Pruitt hiring yet. He doesn't have much to work with yet. IIRC, most all of UGA's stud defenders from the last couple years play on Sunday now. It will take a while for the kids to learn Pruitt's system. If they can get the D straightened out, the puppies will be a force in the SEC. The young kids just bought into the hype too soon.

If Mason can show any kind of accuracy, he will pick apart my Gators secondary. Just keep it away from Hargreaves.

As for Mason not being a Greene, Murray or Zeier (going a ways back ain't ya?), with that stable of backs, he doesn't need to be.