Cold Shot Challenge

Pointpuller

Got a 10 today. I probably wont improve on that for the week but I will still try. I was in the zone, 20 shots and only 2 were off the paper. Thats good for me!
IMG_0290_zpsiczhilzo.jpg

longbowdave1

Only shot a 2 today, oh well. :O

Attachments

• cold shot zombie target 003.JPG
    cold shot zombie target 003.JPG
    168.2 KB · Views: 163

Barebowyer

Nice shooting...10 for this week for me..hvn trouble with pic loading this time...had a couple other 8s and 6s.

ngabowhunter

I've pretty much gave up on the challenge. I was shooting horrible and decided to shoot some bare shafts to see what was going on. I was shooting to weak of an arrow and I can't drop enough weight to fix it and I don't won't to build my shelf out. So, I've got a dozen arrows due in tomorrow. can't wait to get'em and start tuning.

longbowdave1

Shot a 4 tonight, better grouping from 15 yards. Still got 2 years of non-shooting rust to get rid of. I'm walking a fine line between rebuilding my shooting muscles, and re-injuring the the two bicep injuries. Only two weeks til opener, hopefully the arms hold up. :huh::huh:

A nice, cool, 68 degree night for shooting though! :banana::banana::banana:

Attachments

• Cold shot 8 26 001.jpg
    Cold shot 8 26 001.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 178
  • Cold shot 8 26 002.jpg
    Cold shot 8 26 002.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 157

Pointpuller

A 10 for me this week. Hole tore into the 12 but the shaft wasnt breaking the line. Ran out of targets so I had to reuse one. I know it sounds fishy but its an honest cold shot 10 that Im proud of.
IMG_0009_zpsaieh3mrw.jpg

Barebowyer

8 for me on the week but didn't get any other shots in due to out of town work.

fish30523

The notorious 12! I have tried my best to hit it, but only on the second shot have I been able to get it. I got an 8 this week.

Attachments

• GON shot.JPG
    GON shot.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 126

charlie 2 arrow

A 6 this wk. this challenge has been an eye opener!
I can usually put up a nice group after a few shots, but a cold shot @ twenty yds is a lot tougher than I thought it would be! More reasons to try to limit shots on game to under twenty yds.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 117

Pointpuller

charlie 2 arrow, Thats my thoughts exactly. Challenge has been good for me because it encourages me to shoot nearly every day but it also reminds me of my limits. 20 yds is a stretch for me. I set up for a 12-15 yd shot when I hang my stand.

bradyxps

Its been an eye opener for sure. But I've gotten better at the cold shots. Havent shot in tens or twelves but I can get a 4 or 6 pretty constant out of the door now.

SELFBOW

charlie 2 arrow, Thats my thoughts exactly. Challenge has been good for me because it encourages me to shoot nearly every day but it also reminds me of my limits. 20 yds is a stretch for me. I set up for a 12-15 yd shot when I hang my stand.

Thats why I gave up w it after the first week.facepalm: