Cold Shot Challenge

bradyxps

Well I took the bait and volunteered to set this thing up so here is what I got figured so far:

For the target we will use the one Todd posted. Ill add it on to the end here for reference. You can download it at www.targets.ws or if you don't have a printer but do have 8 1/2" x 11 paper the layout is as follows-
Circles with diameters
7-3/4", 5-3/8", 3-5/8", 2-3/8", 1-1/2", 11/16"
Scoring is 2,4,6,8,10 and 12 for the Bull's-eye.

The contest will run 7 weeks starting 7/20 and going thru the following Sunday.

7/20 thru 7/26
7/27 thru 8/2
8/3 thru 8/9
8/10 thru 8/16
8/17 thru 8/23
8/24 thru 8/30
8/31 thru 9/6 -Ending right before hunting season.

Distance is 20 yards. You can take your cold shot any day during that week as you like- but should be the first shot of that day. You can post your results here or PM them to me. Photo evidence not required we can just go with the honor system but if you make a nice shot no shame in showing it off a bit. It was suggested the winner should receive an item from each contestant, but we can figure that out as y'all see fit. Ill be sure the winner gets something worth while either way. Let me know if I've missed anything and good luck!

Here is the final total!

Point Puller 52(+10)
Fish30523 58(+6)
Charlie2Arrow 28(+2)
longbowdave1 28(+4)
AllAmerican 0(n/s)
Bradyxps 20(+2)
Selfbow 6(n/s)
BareBowyer 64(+8)
Scott30415 8(n/s)
boissage 4(n/s)
ngasportsman 8(n/s)
ShaneWhitlock 2(n/s)
Todd Cook 0(n/s)
Michelle Cook 0(n/s)
Clipper 18(n/s)
ngabowhunter 2(n/s

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 749
Last edited:

Barebowyer

Well done! I am in as a player. Is the distance and target going to change for each week? I would assume so?

ngabowhunter

Do we submit our best cold shot of the week or do we need to decide ahead of time what day we are gonna do it and submit that shot?

Shane Whitlock

This is great ..... didn't mean to skip out on everyone just got tied up at work. Thanks Bradyxps for running this challenge. I would say the best cold shot of the week could be entered.

Pointpuller

Im in. Yall make sure Im understanding rules correctly. Ive printed out the targets. I choose my best first shot of the day from 7 days and then I report the best 1st shot from the 7 days. Is this correct?
Thanks bradyxps for taking the lead.

bradyxps

Yep thats right. You got all week and take your best cold shot for your score. Then post it or pm me. Ill update the score as we go.

Pointpuller

I got lucky tonight on my cold shot!! Probably be the one for the week for my score. Tomorrow will be my last chance of the week, going out of town after that.
IMG_0136_zpstyjhjgvu.jpg

Next 3.
IMG_0142_zpsepzvpffn.jpg

Last 4 of the session. Had 4 total off the paper.
IMG_0144_zpsj2j8ruds.jpg

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
You're assuming I can hit a sheet of 8 1/2 x 11" paper at 20 yards...

Todd Cook

I think I should have picked a bigger target! Michelle and I decided to try it tonight and this was our first shot at a measured 20 yards. 4 inches out from paydirt but no score. Our second shot of the night was better.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 511
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 520
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    464.3 KB · Views: 515

charlie 2 arrow

Missed the paper completely on Monday & Tuesday.
Wednesday was a lot better

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 492

charlie 2 arrow

Thursday was not quite as good I got 4 points but for some reason that pic won't load:huh:

Allen Oliver

I think I should have picked a bigger target! Michelle and I decided to try it tonight and this was our first shot at a measured 20 yards. 4 inches out from paydirt but no score. Our second shot of the night was better.

Hey Todd those last two shots in the pig are what counts in my book!:cool:

longbowdave1

Haven't shot at 20 yds for several months with the longbow, guess this is going to be "extremly cold shot shooting". Some how I got a 2 this week. After several rounds of 5 arrows, some of the rust is going away. This contest will be some much needed practice for me! :cool:

Attachments

• Cold shot 7 24 15 001.jpg
    Cold shot 7 24 15 001.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 452
  • Cold shot 7 24 15 002.jpg
    Cold shot 7 24 15 002.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 441