Sunday Striper Spooning on Lanier w/videos

JohnK

That guy could have saved himself a lot of money if all he does is follow people around...I guess he is disguised as a fisherman. Some people just ain't got no pride.

Worley

Jim

Jim all I can say it atta boy, u kept ur cool when most could have lost it...Daggum brotha keep reeling em stripers in, that spoon is fun stuff. The bible teaches it takes a stronger man to rule his own spirit, than he who would conquer a city...:cool:

Scout'nStripers

Jim all I can say it atta boy, u kept ur cool when most could have lost it...Daggum brotha keep reeling em stripers in, that spoon is fun stuff. The bible teaches it takes a stronger man to rule his own spirit, than he who would conquer a city...:cool:
Thanks Worley. You know I was chompin at the bit to say something to him, but I felt pretty good about it after I left. Hey, at least the kid got to catch some fish.

Zebco 33

Is funny to watch em on lanier. Similar to those guys herring fishing in alaska. Slammin into each others boats and dropping nets.

If you are going to pull like that atleast hae the respect to say hello and ask if you mind. But you know how the public fishing waters thing goes. Throws any respect right out the window.

Atleast you showd em how its done.

I got a few of those spoons last i saw you in hammonds and that thing works. It also brought fish up to live baot as well.

dsgbqc

Are big spoon the new thing now just like how the umbrella rigs blew up? Ya think the fish are biting it because it look like food or more of a defensive bite?

EZ Spin

Man...

Hey Scouting,

I think I saw you out there Saturday and Sunday. I would have said hello but another boat was over there saying hi and I also feel that too many sonar pings can (but maybe not) affect the fish. I know that some guys feel that banging on the boat will trigger fish into biting but you already had the school fired up so I don't see the need.

As a Christian I have to commend you for turning the other cheek. Even if you gave them a piece of your mind it is better than what I would have done 15 years ago. As an ex-redneck, hippie, biker I still thought of ways of letting them know like casting a lure and snagging their lines or hitting the side of their boat or firing up the big motor and trimming it up just enough to shoot a big rooster tail to cool them down but I am getting too old to deal with that.

They did have a kid with them and it is unfortunate that he will learn to fish with the "Bent Pole Pattern". With today's electronics there is just no need but I do know that area is holding a bunch of striper and bass so some guys just have no shame to pull in on top of another boat. Hope fully if you gave them a piece of your mind the kid will understand that moving in on top of some body is just plane rude and wrong.

My Dad always taught me if a boat is on a spot first that is there's to fish and I have tried real hard to live that way too. It is hard when you are fishing for money and there is a boat on your best hole. Even in that instance I will hang way off, maybe move in without making a cast and ask them for permission to fish. 95% of the time I have done this the other angler will wave me in either fish along or leave all together. Rarely they will say no and even rarer will they get mad but if so I will move on.

As anglers we need to act right and do the same things that we would want others to do to or for us. As a writer for the local papers I get way to many emails about anglers who give the rest of us a bad name. Most anglers are conservatives and there are so many forces out there that are trying to take away our rights and we must be on our best behavior.

I will get off my soap box now and I thank you for sharing your videos. They are very cool and informative. Fish on Brother!

E

Scout'nStripers

Is funny to watch em on lanier. Similar to those guys herring fishing in alaska. Slammin into each others boats and dropping nets.

If you are going to pull like that atleast hae the respect to say hello and ask if you mind. But you know how the public fishing waters thing goes. Throws any respect right out the window.

Atleast you showd em how its done.

I got a few of those spoons last i saw you in hammonds and that thing works. It also brought fish up to live baot as well.
That's right Larry, the spoon sure gets them stirred up. We've dropped it into a few suspended fish and next thing you know there are stripers swimming everywhere under the boat.

Are big spoon the new thing now just like how the umbrella rigs blew up? Ya think the fish are biting it because it look like food or more of a defensive bite?
I think they bite it because it looks like a full grown blueback swimming for his life. The spoon bite is nothing new, it happens every year around late summer when the fish start biting vertical rather than just hitting slow moving horizontal baits. Usually guys will power reel bluebacks to create the vertical offerings but we've also used big swimbaits in the same fashion.
Hey Scouting,

I think I saw you out there Saturday and Sunday. I would have said hello but another boat was over there saying hi and I also feel that too many sonar pings can (but maybe not) affect the fish. I know that some guys feel that banging on the boat will trigger fish into biting but you already had the school fired up so I don't see the need.

As a Christian I have to commend you for turning the other cheek. Even if you gave them a piece of your mind it is better than what I would have done 15 years ago. As an ex-redneck, hippie, biker I still thought of ways of letting them know like casting a lure and snagging their lines or hitting the side of their boat or firing up the big motor and trimming it up just enough to shoot a big rooster tail to cool them down but I am getting too old to deal with that.

They did have a kid with them and it is unfortunate that he will learn to fish with the "Bent Pole Pattern". With today's electronics there is just no need but I do know that area is holding a bunch of striper and bass so some guys just have no shame to pull in on top of another boat. Hope fully if you gave them a piece of your mind the kid will understand that moving in on top of some body is just plane rude and wrong.

My Dad always taught me if a boat is on a spot first that is there's to fish and I have tried real hard to live that way too. It is hard when you are fishing for money and there is a boat on your best hole. Even in that instance I will hang way off, maybe move in without making a cast and ask them for permission to fish. 95% of the time I have done this the other angler will wave me in either fish along or leave all together. Rarely they will say no and even rarer will they get mad but if so I will move on.

As anglers we need to act right and do the same things that we would want others to do to or for us. As a writer for the local papers I get way to many emails about anglers who give the rest of us a bad name. Most anglers are conservatives and there are so many forces out there that are trying to take away our rights and we must be on our best behavior.

I will get off my soap box now and I thank you for sharing your videos. They are very cool and informative. Fish on Brother!
E
Thanks for the kind words Eric. Next time, come on over and give me a shout. We can chat and compare some notes because my bass game is lacking tremendously. That's why I'm picking on stripers. lol Seriously, I'm fishing a couple of tournaments over the next month so I'm getting back to the bass and spending a lot of time on the water.

Yesterday evening I saw some signs of the surface bite. Just before the storms hit, the bluebacks were swimming on the surface in small groups just like they did early last fall when the topwater bite was going good. The bass are still reluctant to stay on the surface more than a few seconds but the bite is coming soon.