2018 Braves

Status
Not open for further replies.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Yeah, I would rather have Realmuto at catcher, but I seriously doubt the Marlins trade him...

There was talk several weeks ago they would and that we would go after him. Maybe after the end of the season.

Folti will be the #1 starter next year. I'm not so sure about Newcomb. The boy has trouble throwing strikes. All the other slots are up for grabs. I'm pretty sure Touki will be in the starting rotation for the whole season.

biggdogg

Folty, Gausman and Newcomb will be all but guaranteed spots in the rotation. This is Newcomb's first full season in the Majors, and if you look back, most of Atlanta was ready to run Folty out of town by the All-Star break. Now look where he is. And even at that, Folty is just now getting to where he's getting into the 7th and 8th inning somewhat consistently.

If the Marlins were to trade Realmuto, and that's a big if, what will they be asking for in return? There is the problem. He's by far the best catcher in baseball and they will likely ask for a king's ransom, as they should. Grandal would most likely be the more economical option, depending on what kind of market develops for him. He is a free agent after the season, so there wouldn't be any prospect package involved. Unfortunately, the Braves don't have a legitimate catching prospect above A ball right now.

BornToHuntAndFish

Braves post-season play is expected to be way better on the road with their barely winning 38-36 Home record which is worse than other MLB 1st & 2nd place division teams. Cardinals are similar & have a better road record so Atlanta needs to be prepared to face a challenge in this series starting tonight.

BornToHuntAndFish

Not a good way to start the game with Folty giving up 4-walks in the 1st-inning & loading the bases.

The good news is Folty's last 3-walks came with 2-outs.

The bad news is Folty hit the 6th batter to give up the 1st run.

The worse news is the Cardinals' 7th batter double in 2 more runs.

:eek2:

biggdogg

Vizcaino didn't look any better last night than he did before his shoulder became a problem. Braves should still be able to close out the division this home stand, but it looks like they may need to be the road team in the NLDS to better their chances. Must not like "home cookin"...

DannyW

Yes sir...we are stumbling toward the finish line. Our best weapon right now to win the division is the ineptness of the Phillies.

We have no answer at closer. Visciano isn't it, I don't think he has had a clean inning all year.

Still, this year has been a pleasant surprise, a gift really, that I have enjoyed. And if we can patch a few holes in the off season next year will be even better.

Coenen

Vizcaino didn't look any better last night than he did before his shoulder became a problem. Braves should still be able to close out the division this home stand, but it looks like they may need to be the road team in the NLDS to better their chances. Must not like "home cookin"...
Suntrust already has a Waffle House, maybe we need to add a Chick-Fil-a or a Zaxby's?

Duff

Yes sir...we are stumbling toward the finish line. Our best weapon right now to win the division is the ineptness of the Phillies.

We have no answer at closer. Visciano isn't it, I don't think he has had a clean inning all year.

Still, this year has been a pleasant surprise, a gift really, that I have enjoyed. And if we can patch a few holes in the off season next year will be even better.

Yep

BornToHuntAndFish

What a shame here at the end of the regular season having to depend on the Phillies, or any other team, to make it to the playoffs. Of course to be fair, we will be rebuilding the team for years to come.

Hope the Braves end their 3-game losing streak soon.

DnZlS7aUUAEiRGR.jpg

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
We have no answer at closer.

The starters ain't no prize either. The entire pitching staff has collapsed. Last night was another walkathon home run derby.

someguyintraffic

Dang fellers, we gonna blow the motor on the final straight away?
Cards are hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.