**** General Weather Discussion Thread #8 2017***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Polar vortex takes a swat at the NE US but just misses. That purple air is still cold. Suppose to be a low of 0°f in Montana tonight.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Glancing blow from troposphere polar vortex.<br>Worst or coldest air will just avoid Lower 48 but still a taste of winter <br>Thurs-Fri GFS 18z pic.twitter.com/UrX2Y8RQlE</p>— Ryan Maue (@RyanMaue) November 7, 2017</blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
If you like your temperatures right now, you can keep your temperatures the rest of the day!! (said in my best sarcastic Obama voice)

But, contrary to Obama, I am telling the truth. Today's high might budge up 4 or so degrees from where it is right now. This is a slow moving cold front coming in and we won't begin to notice declines in temps until tomorrow late.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Now that the NAO is showing a prolonged negative trend over the next month or so and the 500 mb anomaly has shifted to reflect the cold that would bring to our area I wanted to see how the CFS may have shifted in terms of potential snow fall. Though this is not a forecast, the CFS which was shunned in the past has gained credibility with it's ability to moderately reflect trends in climatic data over the long run.

IF this happens and if you hunt the N. Ga mountains it could be good times ahead for you around Dec. 1st.

Time will tell.

snod.conus.png

Mountainbuck

If I remember correctly about 9-10 years ago we had a good inch of snow up here around that same weekend. Thanks for the info brother

Cmp1

BANNED
Hey Miggy,,,, any long range forecast predictions for the Michigan area?,,,, cold this AM 23 degrees at our place with my weather station on the barn roof,,,, pretty strong low pressure system coming,,,, really cold temperatures for this time of year,,,,

Cmp1

BANNED
Winter weather advisory in effect today 5am till 7am tomorrow,,,, we might get 8in of snow or more,,,, we're in the snow belt and lake Michigan is still 42 degrees,,,, who knows,,,, and I've got a Dr appointment about 45min north of hear,,,, should be fun driving,,,, plows on the truck and ready to go,,,, I will post some pics of the early snow,,,, really too early for this much snow this early in the season,,,,

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Hey Miggy,,,, any long range forecast predictions for the Michigan area?,,,, cold this AM 23 degrees at our place with my weather station on the barn roof,,,, pretty strong low pressure system coming,,,, really cold temperatures for this time of year,,,,

Nothing I can see to be concerned about for us.

You're in Yankee territory so all bets are off. ::ke:

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
From James Spann on Facebook

European model suggests potential for a few strong storms in 8 days or so… remember, this is the late fall tornado season…
23376350_10155892646035842_8206773652046152913_n.jpg

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
The cold air will keep swatting at us like an angry octopus. At least for the next couple of weeks.

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Several shots of Arctic air will drop into parts of the CONUS over the next 10 days... pic.twitter.com/uRRMDttyn9</p>— James Spann (@spann) November 9, 2017</blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DDD

Winter Weatherman
These are those extremes and "shots" that will come and go as the weeks roll into winter.

This is Thanksgiving week and I for one that will be sitting on a deer stand many of those days am glad to see the cold.

Attachments

• TG1_EURO.jpg
    TG1_EURO.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 354
  • TG1_GFS.jpg
    TG1_GFS.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 350

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
These are those extremes and "shots" that will come and go as the weeks roll into winter.

This is Thanksgiving week and I for one that will be sitting on a deer stand many of those days am glad to see the cold.

Beat you to it, and mine has moving pictures. :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.