Fishing for Smiles with the Sultan

Sultan of Slime

During the off season I have been trying to do as much as I can to help out in my local community. So today I visited the Medical Center of Central Georgia Childrens Hospital.

You can see the reason that this visit was so special to me here: http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=443434

Spro, Gamakatsu, Bass Pro Shops and our very own woody's member "raggedy ann" donated enough stuff to make up some great gift bags for the kids. And Bass Pro Shops donated a bass fishing game w/ rod and reel controller for the hospitals xbox 360 in their play room.:cool:

I spoke with about 10 of the patients that could come down to the play room. I then shared my story of how I was in there place before and let them know that anything is possible if they just dont ever give up!!

Then I went room to room and visited the rest of the children who were unable to leave their beds. I know how hard it is on the psychie to be in the hospital as a child and this was great seeing the kids smile for a few minutes and take their minds off of the day to day stress.

Below are a few pics of my visit. The last one is of my new friend Easton Blanchard he has been battling with MS. The nurses said he was a firecracker and an avid outdoorsman. His parents were telling me about how during the summer they helped Easton reel in a big ol 24 lb flathead out of the pond behind their house. I told him that not just anybody can catch a mean ol monster of a cat like that, and as a trophy I autographed my lucky hat and gave it to him.

Thanks again for everyone who helped out with this visit!!

Attachments

• Macon Childrens Hospital Visit 005.JPG
    Macon Childrens Hospital Visit 005.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 415
  • Macon Childrens Hospital Visit 009.JPG
    Macon Childrens Hospital Visit 009.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 421
  • Macon Childrens Hospital Visit 008.jpg
    Macon Childrens Hospital Visit 008.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 420

jkoch

Gone But Not Forgotten
God is holding a special place for you. MERRY CHRISTMAS. You made it happy for a lot of kids!

Pauley

I think it is great that you took the time out of your day to do this, I'm sure you got just as much out of it as the kids did. God bless.

very noble of you Sultan. Maybe we he gets better you can do a fishing episode from his pond.

crackerdave

Jonathan,you're one in a million,brother! May God bless you richly for what you do - not just in that hospital,but your positive attitude and great sense of humor wherever you go.

Nautical Son

Jonathan, brother I gotta say you brought a tear to my eyes, awesome job !

And thanks to your sponsors and raggedy ann for their support in you as well :flag:

If your still interested in that rod holder draw me a diagram with some measurements and I'll see what I can do for you.:cheers:

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
You have been Blessed with a special purpose Jonathan.

Their smiles prove it.

cmghunter

Way to go sir.I'm sure lives and families were deeply touched on your account.May god pour out many,many blessings on you and your family...

Chris S.

Im sure the kids were thrilled with the visit and gifts,good job.

olcaptain

J:

You are an inspiration!

Proverbs 11:25 (New International Version)

25 A generous man will prosper;
he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.

Bugpac

That sig of yours means more then them words, You truly are a stand up guy. It is a great thing, that memory will last them kids a lifetime, as well as yourself..

Papa Bear

Great job! God bless all of those kids and their families. And God Bless you for taking the time to put smiles on those little faces.

earl

Banned
You sir , are a hero. The world needs more just like you.

green46

I love it. You are a true hero.

raggedy ann

I had no doubt you would wow them! Like everyone said, you are very special, indeed. I'm sure you made a lifelong impact on those children. I'm glad I could help and be just a small part of it. Thanks for letting me.

Latest posts