Chanterelles?

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
I hate for my first post to be a question but I've always wanted to try them and found these on my lunch break. Obviously would like a positive ID before eating though. Any help? It would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_5712.JPG
    IMG_5712.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 494

jeardley

All the larger ones need to be sautéed, pretty sure the smaller ones do to but pic get a little fuzzy when I zoom in on my phone.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
Thanks so much! I was 99% sure. Can't wait to get them in a pan!

elmer_fudd

I just picked a few the other day and fried em up with some chicken. Very tasty. So far been a good year for them.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
Thanks again jeardley! They were fantastic.

jeardley

Glad you enjoyed them, I put some up for later last night.

Attachments

• 20170624_205159-1195x2124.jpg
    20170624_205159-1195x2124.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 389
  • 20170624_210321-1328x747.jpg
    20170624_210321-1328x747.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 389

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
Looks like a great haul! I'm going back at lunch today to look for more.

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
I cooked up a batch this weekend. I make an aluminum foil "basket" cut the chants up, add butter, garlic, chopped vidalia's, and seasoning. (Salt, Pepper, Old Bay, etc) and threw them on the grill with some ribs and burgers.

Cmp1

BANNED
I hate for my first post to be a question but I've always wanted to try them and found these on my lunch break. Obviously would like a positive ID before eating though. Any help? It would be greatly appreciated!

Try to get up to the mountains in early spring and get you some Morels,,,, you'll really like them,,,, talk to NCHillbilly,,,,

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
Always wanted to try those too Cmp1! Chicken of the Woods is on the list as well.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Try to get up to the mountains in early spring and get you some Morels,,,, you'll really like them,,,, talk to NCHillbilly,,,,

I think the Georgia Piedmont has more morels than the mountains do, actually. They love some limestone soil.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
I'll have to check it out. Thanks hillbilly!