Chatahoochee Fall Line WMA Maps?

BIGGUS

GONetwork Member
I'm going all in with 7 points for the first rifle hunt @ Ft. Perry. It's gonna be a full moon though. I think it's open for small game season, should make for good scouting. Does anyone know what part of this tract was the high fence area?

bubbafowler

Went down Tuesday and did a little scouting. What are the rules for hunting the established stands already on the property?? There are about 30 or so very nice box blinds throughout the property.

BASS1FUN

I don't think there are any rules but me personally wouldn't want to hunt out of them, looks like you found 30+ spots, I'll be down this weekend scouting

bubbafowler

One or two of them I wouldn't mind sitting in. They seem to be in good shape. Since there are 35 slots on the fort Perry tract and that many stands I wonder if some will hunt them. I know my dad plans to if no one else is in one. At least if we get drawn. We put in with 5 points each.

BASS1FUN

Hopefully you will get drawn,i only have 4 points so i'm not going to attemp it, plan on bowhunting the bow only and almo tracks

KyBrian

bubbafowler,

The blinds will only be available on the Hunt & Learn youth hunt, and possibly the other youth hunt. You are correct that there are 35 blinds, but some of them would not be legal because there are open WMA roads running right next to them.

KyBrian

No they don't, Jcsblairsville, but I definitely wouldn't want my kid to shoot the first small buck that comes out there. lol.

bubbafowler

Thanks for the update!! But why wouldn't the legal stands be legal in the adult hunt?? I kinda figured they would take them away but I don't understand why. My dad and I got drawn for the last hunt. Couldn't make the earlier ones due to my wife being due in October, but hopefully there will still be a few good ones left. I saw a few scouting so we will see.