Residential Driveway Repair

Dialer

About 60 feet of my driveway has been pushed up by what I'm assuming is a tree root. It's broken up in several large chunks, which will require removal. What is the cost gonna be to remove the broken up concrete, remove the tree root, and pour new concrete?? Thanks in advance!

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Rent a bobcat and do it yoursef for around $400 then pay to have it poured back.

A dumpster will run you another $350. If you cut the root you'll likely kill the tree and have to have it removed. Just a thought

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
A dumpster will run you another $350. If you cut the root you'll likely kill the tree and have to have it removed. Just a thought

I have watched golf courses cut roots when ding what the op is thinking and the tree not die.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't get a dumpster and it probably wouldn't hurt the tree.

Not to derail, but what would you do to dispose of the 60 ft of driveway concrete?

GA native

He could build a retaining wall, fill in a sinkhole, fill in a mudhole, build a parking spot for the trailer, build crawdaddy beds in the stream, stepping stones down to the stream... Lots of uses for broken concrete. Just have to put your back into it.

But back to the op, somewhere under $10k to tear out and replace. Not hauling off the rock will save you a few grand off of that price.

Jim Baker

Staff member
About 60 feet of my driveway has been pushed up by what I'm assuming is a tree root. It's broken up in several large chunks, which will require removal. What is the cost gonna be to remove the broken up concrete, remove the tree root, and pour new concrete?? Thanks in advance!

What kind of tree. Cutting the root don't guarantee another won't take its place. if you are going to pour another drive get rid of the tree.

Tore out a existing drive and re-poured approx. 1300 sq ft 4" pad and drive for $5.75 sq. foot. $600 to take out water oak that destroyed original. That was 3 years ago and in S. Georgia.

Killdee

I have a guy who is very reasonable if you'd like his info just PM me. Last bids I had for a customer he was 4k cheaper than the highest and does quality work

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
He could build a retaining wall, fill in a sinkhole, fill in a mudhole, build a parking spot for the trailer, build crawdaddy beds in the stream, stepping stones down to the stream... Lots of uses for broken concrete. Just have to put your back into it.

But back to the op, somewhere under $10k to tear out and replace. Not hauling off the rock will save you a few grand off of that price.

I have to admit, I know someone personally that did just that. He was a young guy and physically able with an artistic eye. He busted up the concrete in chunks and made paths/walks placing the pieces together with some space between them and poured a smaller lava rock type aggregate in between chunks. Then landscaped the edges/border. It looked and functioned really well, almost couldn't tell it was busted up concrete when he was finished.

Dialer

Mr. Charles came out to the house with pen and paper in hand and started scribbling. $2,250 total cost.....I don't know the dimensions....It's a standard driveway with about 50-60 actual feet of pushed up 4" concrete. Think I'm gonna let him do it...