Shootable 6 point?

redneckhunter31510

He's symmetrical on both sides and he's outside his ears. If he shows up while I'm around i'll probably have to ground check him. What's yalls thoughts?

I enlarged the pic as much as i could. HTH, Robert

Attachments

• 6point.jpg
    6point.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 3,033

redneckhunter31510

any deer is shootable! just kill what you like, if you want a giant give him a year or two!!

Im gonna try and get the other pics I have of him put on here but bigger im almost positive the deer is 4.5, I have tons of pics of a 7 and a 8 that is only 3.5 and he is heavier and wider than them from sholder to sholder. if he had browtines it would be better too, but for some reason they don't grow to good, the deer in my avi scored 121 1/2, killed from the same location, with short browtines..

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
I love to look at pictures that people share, but whether he is a shooter or not is your decision. It sounds like he is good enough for you, don't let anyone else define your trophy. Good luck at getting him.

Geffellz18

I love to look at pictures that people share, but whether he is a shooter or not is your decision. It sounds like he is good enough for you, don't let anyone else define your trophy. Good luck at getting him.

Agreed....a shooter in my mind is whatever you want to take, legally of course. My decisions are typically based on how the seasons going. The longer I go without a kill, the less picky I become. Gotta put meat in the frezzer at the end of the day!

Last edited:

alan

I know these should have been passed up! Shoot what makes you happy, don't worry what others think.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 3,553
  • 6 point.jpg
    6 point.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 3,347

OmenHonkey

I Want Fancy Words TOO !
I've got one mounted myself. I'll snap a pic and post later. He has 21 1/2 inch spread and 7 inch tines. Not even a bump for brow tines though. Double throat patch and Gray headed. He was 6.5 Y/O and a Stud in the woods!!

MFOSTER

BANNED
I would guess he's 5.5 he's all he's gonna be great patental Dominic buck that's gonna run your young 10 pts off

bigbuckhunter1

Good buck, I couldn't legally shoot him in Troup, dumb laws

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
I would guess he's 5.5 he's all he's gonna be great patental Dominic buck that's gonna run your young 10 pts off

I don't know, M. He just doesn't have the belly "droop" and overall shape I'd expect of 5.5 year old. I'm thinking he's around 3 but i could be (and often am) wrong.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
There is no such thing as a shootable 6-pt.

I have proven that statement wrong more than once. They taste just like four-points or eight-points to me. :)

CraKaLaCKiN

Or this one...

NOPE NOPE AND NOPE!!!

I'm in Meriwether County where there is an antler restriction of a minimum of 4 pts on one side. This typically is a 2.5 - 3.5 yr old 8 point.

The antler restrictions are in place because hunters don't have the self restraint NOT to shoot 6 pointers! If you hunt on my property I have a 10 pt minimum. I will let my 9 year old son shoot an 8pt but NOTHING smaller.

Some of these 6pt bucks you guys have posted are HUGE! I wonder what they would have looked like a year or two later? An exception would be an OLD buck. But around here those are a rare thing that we don't have to worry about seeing.

That's how my nephew shot this 12 pt last year.

Would you rather shoot a 6 point EVERY year or an 8 or 10 maybe a 12 point every 2-3 yrs?

Attachments

• IMG_1042.jpg
    IMG_1042.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 2,403
  • IMG_1041.PNG
    IMG_1041.PNG
    949.9 KB · Views: 2,422
Last edited by a moderator: