First longbow buck! (VIDEO)

snook24

Ive finally got my first longbow buck! Over the years ive missed a few does but this was the first set of horns ive shot at. I had him come in around 7pm with another buck a little bigger but decided to shoot at the first that came in range. He picked me out in the tree, as you can see in the video, so I had to pass on many good shots and couldnt move the camera, but it all worked out. He spun at the shot so it hit him a little back but the angle was good. I unfortunatly didnt find him for 1.5 days. We lost blood and then it rained hard. We looked twice with no luck but the property owner found him on the edge of the horse pasture. I hate to lose the meat and kill him like that but am still very excited to at least have recovered the horns and have the video. (embedded)
Thanks for watching and hope you enjoy. Dont forget to turn the quality up to1080p

Attachments

• 10628384_10152381585191889_2314149594633482163_n.jpg
    10628384_10152381585191889_2314149594633482163_n.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 729
  • 10151370_10152381585051889_7668856760296271255_n.jpg
    10151370_10152381585051889_7668856760296271255_n.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 748
Last edited by a moderator:

Rix56

WOW!! Nice deer, if he is the little one bet you can't wait to get after the big one

Great trophy, congratulations!

Barry Duggan

I'm suprised neurosis, on your part, didn't set in before you were able to get the shot off. It's not often you see one parade back and forth like that, especially when they think something is not quite right. You did good. Just hate you weren't able to lay claim to him before the meat spoiled. He's a nice un.

snook24

Thanks guys! Yeah it was tough to watch him go back and forth but Id rather let him go than have him really bust me. I really hate I couldnt get the meat to...it really bothers me to not recover an animal.

Munkywrench

Great video and buck. Hate you lost the meat. What camera setup are you using? Looked really good.

snook24

Thanks! I use a handheld samsung video camera when it's not raining and a go pro if it is. Much rather use the bigger camera for zoom and sound. I clip it onto a flexible 10-12in tripod that wraps around my stand. Pretty good system so far.

snook24

I'm trying Martin! Got a long long way to go :)

Al33

Well, I can say one thing for ya, you have the patience of Job.:D Had I watched that buck going back and forth in front of me for that long I would have been shaking so bad not sure if I could have made the shot.:bounce: He sure was curious about that blob in the tree and hard to believe he stayed around so long. Congratulations on a fine buck and I enjoyed the video.

snook24

Thanks AL. I make a scent spray using peanut butter and vanilla extract boiled in water to make it a liquid scent...They really like it. I think thats why he hung around. It was tough to watch him for so long that close to me though! I had so many shots that I had to let go. Ive blown many hunts in the past by trying to draw when I wasnt supposed to so Ive learned my lesson.

stick-n-string

Yeah buddy!! Always fun to watch videos!! I guess I could upload my video

hambone76

Great buck. Hate that you had to wait to recover him. Still a great trophy. Nice video by the way.

Munkywrench

Thanks AL. I make a scent spray using peanut butter and vanilla extract boiled in water to make it a liquid scent...They really like it. I think thats why he hung around. It was tough to watch him for so long that close to me though! I had so many shots that I had to let go. Ive blown many hunts in the past by trying to draw when I wasnt supposed to so Ive learned my lesson.

That's my problem. I either move when I shouldnt, or I don't when I should. Need to stop second guessing and get it done.