WOW! What a rush.

Pointpuller

Been bowhunting for 35 years and I was starting to get a hollow feeling after the shot the last couple of years. 100+ big game kills with a compound from elk to whitetails. Decided last year that I needed to go to a recurve to bring back the excitement. Ordered a recurve last January and have been shooting like a mad man and asking lots of questions. Its been frustrating and challenging but Sunday morning it was extremely rewarding. This buck came in to a raining acorn Swamp Chestnut Oak about 9 A.M. He got broadside at 15yds. and looked the other way. I drew and hit my anchor, released and the arrow flew just over his back but he didnt hardly get spooked. Had my quiver hung on the tree but it took several minutes to finally get another arrow knocked while slowly reaching for the arrow when I couldnt see his eyes. After watching him gorging on acorns for what seemed like an eternity he gave me a good broadside shot at about 18yds. This time the arrow flew true. Thanks for all the advice and info that has been shared on this traditional forum. Couldnt have done it without yall. Grady Co. Predator DX Hunter 51lbs.@28" Easton Axis Traditionals with Muzzy Phantom 125 gr.
Point of impact.
IMG_0022_zpsb7d13c09.jpg

End of 25 yd. blood trail.
IMG_0024_zps9eaac85b.jpg

One happy hunter.
IMG_0032_zps53f72a7c.jpg

Munkywrench

That's awesome man congratulations. Glad to hear that you found a way to overcome that "holow feeling" especially with something as great as traditional archery

Clipper

Another traditional hunter is born:). Congratulations on your first kill with a trad bow.

Al33

Hunting will never be the same for you now. ;) congrat's on your buck and a great Mulligan. You won't get many Mulligans so be thankful for them. :D

chenryiv

Way to go!! Congrats on a nice one.:yeah:

Mudfeather

Good job...It is a different experience for sure...

oldfella1962

Man that is a PERFECT shot. :clap: