Columbus Ga Tackle Shop

I spoke with the owner today when I went. It's a younger guy that opened an outdoor store inside his family's hardware store. He said he wanted to test the Columbus market and build a following before taking the risk of opening a store in North Columbus. He is also a retailer of Benchmade and some firearms, which should do well being so close to Ft. Benning.

So, he doesn't do just fishing. Although the area isn't the best, the Ft. Benning guys should be all on it. Ranger Joe's gets a lot of business and they are on Victory Drive.

Last edited:

fish hawk

Bass Master
South Columbus getting worse,they average a shooting or two every night

fish hawk

Bass Master
I spoke with the owner today when I went. It's a younger guy that opened an outdoor store inside his family's hardware store. He said he wanted to test the Columbus market and build a following before taking the risk of opening a store in North Columbus. He is also a retailer of Benchmade and some firearms, which should do well being so close to Ft. Benning.

So, he doesn't do just fishing. Although the area isn't the best, the Ft. Benning guys should be all on it. Ranger Joe's gets a lot of business and they are on Victory Drive.
Victory Dr. and Brennan Rd. are two different animals

Damidgede

If Academy opens on Whittlesley like I keep hearing, then he will likely not make it in the North Columbus market. Of course that has to happen first. Anywhere besides Dicks and Walmart would be an improvement however if they are somewhat competitive.

It is highly unlikely that Academy will ever come to the Columbus market. Too many retailers are failing and they know it's too much of a risk. Gander Mtn went bankrupt and Dicks Sporting Goods is struggling bad, so I doubt Academy ever expands. They will just keep growing the online business.

brunofishing

Randall Marine in P.C. works just fine for me, I'm going to look at this guys stuff next week (due to headed out of town) to see what he's got, if he's got my normal supplies, I will stick with him and all my fishing buddy's will support him to. I just don't like any box store that doesn't reinvest there money right here in Ga.