Something no one would guess about you...

1gr8bldr

I lost a million dollars. Price of pork went up 10 cent on the pound and I did not have a hog to sale

DouglasB.

I have won several awards for "copy." Basically, I've won awards for writing advertisements. I was even a finalist for an "ADDY" (which is actually a really big deal.) and was supposed to go to France 2 years ago for the final award ceremony. My wife and I were transitioning back to the South, so I didn't go. Would have gotten a free trip out of the deal, but I wouldn't have won the award.

I have, however, won several National Ad awards, and a whole bunch of local yocal awards.

I guess I'm creative.... who'd of thunk it.

The mtn man

I was once a member of security detail for president clinton, i was one of the guys standing behind him armed, and in class A uniform while he gave speeches, i only had to do it briefly. I was chosen because I was on an Army drill team, and was an MP. Had to go through the class A security clearance process. To clarify, i was not a member of secret service or anything like that, i was just a kid who was hand picked by 4 star general, apparently due to my appearance during a drill ceremony. It was a good experience.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I have camped and fished with a guy who was an armed guard for President Clinton.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I had supper and a few drinks with Donnie Allison and Kenny Stabler one night.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I had supper and a few drinks with Donnie Allison and Kenny Stabler one night.

My Lady and I had dinner with Tom Knapp and his wife, and I got to spend some time talking with General Norman Schwarzkopf. Fine gentleman and strictly no-nonsense.

cowhornedspike

My Lady and I had dinner with Tom Knapp and his wife, and I got to spend some time talking with General Norman Schwarzkopf. Fine gentleman and strictly no-nonsense.

Tom Knapp had the same "circus barker" personality in private as he appeared to have in public. Great guy.

Dirtroad Johnson

I would have like to been a fly on the wall & listen to y'all discussing stuff, Mr. Knapp was unbelievable with his shooting skills & Mr. Schwarzkopf was a true leader. I bet when all the conversations were over that they were just as impressed by your broad knowledge of everything as well. :cheers: