What would you choose?

transfixer

ammo, gold serves no purpose realistically other than to look at, or makes things out of to look at ! ammo I can use for barter/trade and its more versatile, i can also use it to acquire food, or defend myself , pretty sure you can't defend yourself too well with gold ?

Lilly001

In reading the answers on this post I have come to the epiphany that a hoard of .22 lr. And a supply of cheap rifles to shoot it are the barter King.
Well, maybe after alcohol and cigarettes.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
In reading the answers on this post I have come to the epiphany that a hoard of .22 lr. And a supply of cheap rifles to shoot it are the barter King.
Well, maybe after alcohol and cigarettes.
Shhhhh!

Redbow

Ammo is my choice. I can remember when I was a boy hearing old folks say that just b4 the end of time money would be worth nothing. If things really ever go south in this nation that could come true I suppose.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I guess if ya got hungry you could always eat that gold. I guess it's no different than stock if times get really bad and your hungry and cold their worthless
I hear you but to use your illustration if you need medicine you could always eat that cow.

I do not argue with the soundness of your position only that it is not the only viewpoint and mine is different. The original question was what would each of us choose. We are all in different circumstances. If I were without ammunition I would definitely choose that but I am not in that position. I expect that our age, health, property, and family situations differ so that we might come to a different answer without having to eat either the gold or the cow.