ilf

robert carter

You fellas have all this extra stuff ya`ll need to put it all together for a bow and I`ll buy it from you. I been picking up cans beside the road and have a few bucks...RC

Dennis

You need to figure out what riser you like because limbs are easy and you can get nice one cheap

pine nut

RC At the TBG central GA shoot I'd be glad to let you shoot my Warf that Roger B. made for me out of my old Hoyteaston Rambo riser and ilf limbs It measures 50lbs on my scale at 29" I'd think it would be right at what you are wanting. I like a long bow best for ease of stringing at hunts and did not shoot this bow for a couple of years because I was in love with my pronghorn bows. When I starter shooting this warf bow Roger made I have not stopped nor considered going back to the other bows I have. This bow shoots way better than I do! Hits way harder than my 52# Pronghorn and sinks the arrows deep in the targets. It draws so smooth it is hard to consider a different bow, so I don't!

Dennis

You might want to think about a metal riser with wood grips on it you would have the best of both worlds and there so many grip options also

Jake Allen

We cannot buy or sell parts amd bows on this forum, but we can talk about the combinations and such.

Stump Shooter

I think I shot that bow Pine Nut and I venture to say it is one of the sweetest bows I've shot.

Last edited:

robert carter

Traded a Savannah I had for a pinnacle II and 50 lb black max limbs. should be here in a few days. Will hold me till Spring then I`m gonna build 2 Mojo replacements. Lord Willing of course. RC

Barebowyer

Very nice...I'm still sitting on a new Savannah lkn to move.

Barry Duggan

Its a 60" bow. I`m not sure about the limbs.RC

With a 19" riser making a 60" bow, the limbs are shorts. You should get most of the goodie out of them with a 27" draw. Nothing wrong with black max limbs.

Jake Allen

Totally new to archery, what is ILF?

ILF stands for International Limb Fittings. It is a system where many limbs made by different manufacturers will fit onto risers made with pockets that mate with the fittings.
Risers for 12" to 27" are common, and hundreds of limbs are available.
Also, this system allows a certain riser to be set up for a certain draw length.
Limbs are made Extra short, to Extra long. Different draw lengths are best mated to the proper length limb. This allows for the limb to be used in it's sweet spot and not drawn to a point where they will stack.
In example, a Medium Length set of limbs is best for a 27, to 29" draw. Longs, 29 to 31", shorts, 24 to 26".
All have overlap also.
True ILF limbs are rated for length, and draw weight based on a 25" riser.
Medium Limbs will make a 68" long bow on a 25" riser.
So, on a 17" riser, (8" less than 25"), the bow will be 60" long.
Weight rated on a 25" risers will gain about 1 pound per inch as the riser gets shorter.
Another example, limbs rated at 40 pounds on a 25" riser, will be right at 48 pounds on a 17" riser.
The weights are generally in the center of the poundage and can be adjusted a few pounds up, or down using the tiller bolts on the riser.

JC86

Thank you for the very detailed answer, I appreciate your time and effort. I'm trying to learn some about trad. archery so thank you again.