ilf

robert carter

Lets see some pics of your ilf rigs. Also say what they are ..pounds ,length and such. I`m trying to get all smart and stuff about these kind of bows. I must say that I am finding out these metal type bows are some kind of accurate. I just like WOOD so I been looking at the Trad Tech stuff. I bout have the Wife talked in to a Pinnacle II right now for early Christmas present. Hard to beat that price unless one of you rednecks got some better advise on one.RC

Barry Duggan

Don't have a pic, but I have a 15" Dryad wood riser. It gains 15#s on limbs rated on a 25" riser. It is for a short draw. I have a pair of 32# short Samick Universal, wood/glass limbs, painted brown on it. It comes in around 44-47#s @ 28", depending on whether the adjustment bolts are screwed in or let out. Makes for a 56" bow.
I also have a pair of 38#, rated on a 25" riser, short Samick Universal, wood/glass limbs, painted black, someone else needs to own.

Last edited:

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I like wood too RC but my Hoyt Buffalo is bad butt.

Barry Duggan

Barry you know it is close to Christmas and you are a fella that would rather give than receive....RC

If you are talking limbs, they are, and have been, just laying in the spare bedroom gathering dust.

U ought to talk with Jeff. He has more ILF stuff than most archery shops.

Dennis

Jeff knows a bunch about the ILF stuff. Im shooting a 17" Dalaa riser with 34# limbs rated on 25" riser which on my riser with the limb bolts screwed all the way down its pulling 43-44# at my draw length

jerry russell

I shot the same bow for 20 years so my bow knowledge is stuck back in 1996. When I am around you guys talking this ILF stuff I just nod my head knowingly but I don't have a clue.

I have seen guys like John Abbott shoot the fire out of these bows.

Stump Shooter

RC I shoot a DALLA with a 17inch riser and medium carbon foam limbs, 45lbs, makes for a 60 inch bow. I really like the consistency. I think this bow shoots as hard as a 50 lb wood bow, very smooth accurate and forgiving when it comes to shooting different type arrows. I think I like my kids bow better and it is a Grad Tech Titan with medium Black Max limbs, his bow is 45lbs at 28 inches, bow length is 60 inches. This bow shoots fast and is very smooth. This bow is also very forgiving. Contrary to some belief about these bows I have not had any problems with anything coming off of either bow while hunting, actually have not even had to change any settings they just shoot great. I would order by phone when ordering to speak with someone at the place u order from, they will also have it tuned when it ships to u based on your arrow and draw, u may have to make verry little adjustments when u get the bow. Like other have said I also spoke with Jeff Hampton before making my purchases, he is very knowledgeable about this topic, I will try and post photo of our setup tonight.

dm/wolfskin

RC, I think I told you that I got a titan ll with the black max 40 lb limbs at Horse Creek WMA and my feeling is the same as yours on these type ILF metal riser bows. They are real accurate. I haven't taken any pictures with it yet but been tear up my targets up with it. I like the way it shoots so much that I ordered some 50 lb limbs for it and hope to get some blood on the ground with it before the first of the year. I'm going give "SPIRIT" some days off.:(

Jake Allen

One cool thing about ILF, or DAS, with these risers you have the option of tuning the limbs as well. This is done by changing the strength of each via the tiller screw.
I like the set ups.
I have Pinnacle 2 and it is a very nice riser. These are long, (19"), and will give you a 6 pound weight gain over standard weighted limbs, or a 2 pound weight loss on a Tradtech rated limb.

I shoot a Titan II with BF Extreme Limbs set at 44 pounds. It seems to do the job.

Are you thinking of a Recurve, or Longbow set up?

Barry Duggan

I shot the same bow for 20 years so my bow knowledge is stuck back in 1996. When I am around you guys talking this ILF stuff I just nod my head knowingly but I don't have a clue.

I have seen guys like John Abbott shoot the fire out of these bows.

All you need to know is, just find a riser you like, one that works for you...the rest is gravy. Limbs can be had, new or used, from $50 to $600 plus. You don't have to dump a ton of for limbs to have a fine performing bow. The combos are endless. That's all.
Trad Talk is the forum that deals with ilf stuff the most.

Poynor

ILF Bow

photo IMAG0508_zpstzmcwm3g.jpg

RC here is my ILF bow mine is a WARF bow which was a old black bear bow. I like it and it shoots good. For what ever reason I just never seem to grab it and go. It has Trad Tech Black Max med limbs 45@28 but who really knows on that riser it feels in the mid 40's. At some point I think I'll really start using a take down ILF bow just so i can throw it in my kit bag when I go somewhere. I also like all the limb options available.

Barry Duggan

It has Trad Tech Black Max med limbs 45@28 but who really knows on that riser it feels in the mid 40's. QUOTE]

You should have lost a little draw weight, with that riser/limb combo. Black bear is a 21" riser, and TT recurve limbs are rated on a 17" riser...usually with the adjusting bolts let out. But then again, all limbs marked 45#s don't weigh exactly 45#s. More like 45 +/- 3#s.

Jake Allen

RC here is my ILF bow mine is a WARF bow which was a old black bear bow. I like it and it shoots good. For what ever reason I just never seem to grab it and go. It has Trad Tech Black Max med limbs 45@28 but who really knows on that riser it feels in the mid 40's. At some point I think I'll really start using a take down ILF bow just so i can throw it in my kit bag when I go somewhere. I also like all the limb options available.[/QUOTE]

Very nice set up. Those limbs should center out at 41#'s on that riser.
I have converted quite a few BlackBear risers. These make a good shooting bow.
I install these plates in the limb pockets, held in with the tiller bolt. The dovetails fittings on the ILF slide into the machined groove and clip into place.
I machine these, (when I have time), from 2" wide bar stock 6061 aluminum.
I shoot all of my ILF set ups off the shelf.

Attachments

• il plate (640x480).jpg
    il plate (640x480).jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 345

Barry Duggan

17" riser with medium limbs.