2015 TBG Elections

markland

I have been coerced, err I mean selected :) to be the elections committe chairman this year for the elecations as Jeff is really tied up with work and travel so I accepted with the understanding that I did have some things I needed to do before I could get to work on this. Well I am done with that now and apologize for the late start but let's get this going.
Jeff Roberts and Al Chapman have agreed to be on the committee with me and will be helping me with this process.
According to the by-laws: (abbreviated pertinent version)
1) Regular members are to submit names to the committee for consideration.
2) The committee will nominate, qualify and notify nominees for their acceptance.
3) Ballots will be mailed out by July 10th
4) Ballots have to be returned to the committe chariman by August 1st.
5) elections will be completed during the month of August and officers-elect will take office on September 1st.

We are asking anyone with the desire and ability to please consider running for a office with the TBG. Any regular or Life member is eligible for office.
If you know of someone that is willing to accept, please send me or the other committee members a message to let us know and we can contact them and get them included.

All offices cannot run unopposed so we have to have at least 2 nominations for each office.
Currently all offices are open and are as follows:
President
Vice-President
Secretary/Treasurer
Northern Zone Rep
Central Zone Rep
Southern Zone Rep

Please take this seriously and realize the TBG is a great organization and exists on the support and devotion of it's members and needs some great people to fill these positions, so think about and seriously consider donating your time to this great organization that has done and given so much for so many of us.
Any nominations, questions, concerns can be directed to me at mark@feradyne.com as I do prefer e-mail correspondence but I can also be reached by phone-day 770-387-9300 Ext 128 or night 770-655-3278. Thanks

TNGIRL

Thanks for getting this started! :cheers:

markland

I am doing my best to attend the NZ shoot in Ranger and campaign for some more nominations. We are getting in a few but still have some we need more in specifically President, VP and Sec/Tres so anyone interested please hit me up and will be glad to discuss it or if you know someone willing to step up and run, just let me know.
Hopefully I will see you there. Thanks

markland

Alright we got some more nominations from the shoot but still need a few more.
We need at least 1 more President and 1 VP to have at least 2 nominations for each office. So we still have some work to do.
Jerry I was really hesitant to list up the nominees due to the fact that it might deter someone from running for a office if they either do not want to run against someone else or feel like they may not stand a chance of being elected, but we always need more people to run and do not want anyone to feel like they should not put their hat in the mix.
Ballots have to be mailed by July 10th so we still have some time to get nominations in. If you are interested please contact me directly and I will be glad to answer any questions you may have. Thanks

jerry russell

I can see your point but if you only have a single nomination towards the end of the run, it can't hurt. Might even have the opposite effect and spur some volunteers to run.

markland

Yes and will definitely look at posting up the nominees soon. Thanks