Misses...let's discuss it now...

Barebowyer

Excellent article from Mr. Carter....thanks for posting!

robert carter

I tend to do better when I don`t think. I focus on hitting my spot and don`t remember releasing most of the time. I have called myself stupid before the shot as I could feel the nerves start to jump and get out of control. I get mad at myself and focus on breathing till I calm down . I also shoot better when a shot developes quick and I don`t have time to get riled up.
Not trying to brag but I seldom miss a deer anymore. I take close shots and never try a "hope I will get him "shot.I let a lot of deer go by I probably could have killed I just did not feel it.Meaning no confidence. If you don`t have confidence in the shot it has a very good chance of ending badly. RC

Troy Butler

If you don`t have confidence in the shot it has a very good chance of ending badly. RC

Take this to heart. Confidence goes a long way in how you make the shot.

Flaustin1

My nerves get me. I can kill a squirrel or rabbit at 20yds and do it often. Cant hit a deer at 10 to save my life! I short draw, fail to anchor, don't pick a spot. All while telling myself to concentrate and pick a spot. It seems like im doing it all right while im shooting at a deer, afterwards, I realize that everything I did was wrong.

Slasher

After a while, I realized that I feel it or I don't...

If I let it happen and feel good about it, it comes together and just happens....

If I try to make it happen, force it when my subconscious says 'NO'
It is usually a miss...

It's funny how a shot over 30 just feels right and comes together, while a forced shot at 16 is a sure fire miss...