Best Trail Cam for the Money?

KLBTJTALLY1

Except this thread didn't ask about "what is the most expensive trail camera you can buy if you're rich." It is about the "best trail cam for the money." I can't afford to buy $600 trail cams, especially when I get a couple stolen every year, so I'll continue to buy WGIs on sale for $50 each. I'm glad you can afford the best, but that isn't most of us.

Hey Hillbilly. Even though my statement wasn't directed at you as usual you decided to pounce. ::ke: Since you do not know me I figured I would enlighten you a bit. I'm not rich by any means. My wife works 40 hours a week just like I do and neither one of us make over $45k a year. I'm not in a club or lease this year because frankly I couldn't afford it as we are remodeling an old house since we could not afford to a build new one here. I bought 1 (one) Reconyx for $449.00 5 (five) years ago. It still works great and it's the only 1 (one) I have.

You have purchased 6 camera's at $50- so your at roughly $400- after shipping, tax and batteries. Numbers are close for sure.

The thread advised that he was in the market for a dependable and affordable trail cam. It's up to the purchaser but I'd rather buy 1 good cam than 10 lesser expensive cams that get stolen each year and need to be replaced every other year for defects much less buy American. Like one poster said read the reviews about WGI... Yeah I get the math that it's cheaper to get a $50- cam stolen rather than a $450- cam stolen but I guess you have to be a little more crafty than the thieves.

Truth is as usual I was trying to give my humble opinion on what I would do if I were him and be helpful. I was taught to buy the best you could afford and you'll have less issues than the next guy. Some lessons I learned from my grandfather who's outdoor knowledge and adventures would rival and surpass most on here.

In some people's eyes I am rich as I have a few great friends and a great family but most of all a relationship with the good Lord.

Next time please make sure you do not read into things too much before you answer. You know what you get when you assume...

livetohunt

Hey Hillbilly. Even though my statement wasn't directed at you as usual you decided to pounce. ::ke: Since you do not know me I figured I would enlighten you a bit. I'm not rich by any means. My wife works 40 hours a week just like I do and neither one of us make over $45k a year. I'm not in a club or lease this year because frankly I couldn't afford it as we are remodeling an old house since we could not afford to a build new one here. I bought 1 (one) Reconyx for $449.00 5 (five) years ago. It still works great and it's the only 1 (one) I have.

You have purchased 6 camera's at $50- so your at roughly $400- after shipping, tax and batteries. Numbers are close for sure.

The thread advised that he was in the market for a dependable and affordable trail cam. It's up to the purchaser but I'd rather buy 1 good cam than 10 lesser expensive cams that get stolen each year and need to be replaced every other year for defects much less buy American. Like one poster said read the reviews about WGI... Yeah I get the math that it's cheaper to get a $50- cam stolen rather than a $450- cam stolen but I guess you have to be a little more crafty than the thieves.

Truth is as usual I was trying to give my humble opinion on what I would do if I were him and be helpful. I was taught to buy the best you could afford and you'll have less issues than the next guy. Some lessons I learned from my grandfather who's outdoor knowledge and adventures would rival and surpass most on here.

In some people's eyes I am rich as I have a few great friends and a great family but most of all a relationship with the good Lord.

Next time please make sure you do not read into things too much before you answer. You know what you get when you assume...

I'm with you. I think reconyx is the best camera for the money as the thread starter asked.

Permitchaser

I ordered a WGI cloak HD from Walmart. I have had WGI units before that are still working. I bought a replacement plocy for $5 just in case

Well I heard from Walmart today and they canceled my order because they could not ship it. I guess I'll go to Acadamey to see what they have

TripleD

Have had good performance with three bushnells that I have on my property. Very reliable with a decent trigger speed and no empty frames like some of the others I have. There usually is at least some part of the deer in the frame (hopefully the horns!)