Hog hunting in Paradise...

buddylee

Just got back from Hawaii on my moneymoon. The wife has known for a long time that I wanted to hog hunt there so she said it was fine. Got in touch with a fellow thru a friend of a friend. Met up yesterday and went hunting right out side of Honolulu over looking Pearl Harbor. Hog hunting there is tuff. He took me to an easy place and we saw lots of hog sign. The pigs were feeding on different kinds of wild Guava fruit. The dogs ended up finding hogs at the bottom or what they call a pocket. It was several hundred feet deep with sheer drops offs and the rest was just pain steep. We could hear the dogs fighting off and on for about thirty minutes. They ended up catching a small pig on the side of the hill but it was too steep and thick to get to it. We finally left as we both had stuff to do. Never saw any hogs but learned alot. A trophy hog there is 150-200 pounds but will have 4 inch teeth. Average hog is around 50 pounds. The island I was on is hunted hard so the dogs are very catchy. I have alot of respect for those dogs and hunters. Hope to go back when I can just to hunt. Gonna try and post some pics as I found it very interesting.

matthewsman

I've hog hunted there..

It is difficult and amazingly steep..I hunted the Eva natl forest and the Kualau Mtn range..Ugly....:eek:

Did you see any of the little bark hunting shacks built out there?It's different and an experience,but I'll take a swamp bottom anyday....

Munstaz hog hunting no joke!!!!