Need a good flashlight

Dub

Didn't read it all, but Sportsmans Guide has a 450 lumen for $89 or $99. Also have one a little smaller. And remember, 100% satisfaction guarantee FOR LIFE. Just keep the receipt.

good grief that is bright....pocket spotlight. I wasn't aware of their lifetime policy....that is very cool.

I've been a battery eater for too long. I have 3 of the little pocket wonders, (2) G2 and a Streamlight Nightfighter. I've used them mainly for bloodtrailing.

I got a late start to the hunting season this year and was gathering up my gear the other day and replaced the batteries on these....ouch.

I'm thinking hard about the next money I spend on flashlights being one of the Stinger models. I just don't know enough about them as to which one would be best for me. I sure like knowing that I'd have a fully charged powerful light in the truck ready to rock.

Dub

Go to Walmart and buy a Coleman Max 115 lumen flashlight.

They make AA and AAA models. These lights are nothing short of awesome and they are much cheaper to buy and use than the lithium type flashlights! :cool: :clap:

http://compare.ebay.com/like/310252995287?ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

My son and I had to make an "emergency" run out to Walmart tonight for school supplies. While there I picked up some bright eyes and saw the lights you mentioned for $22.

Couldn't resist. Lifetime bulb and runs on AAA which we seem to have a ton of at the house...for some reason. It's like the battery fairy came and left 'em.

57d27674.jpg

I tried it out in the backyard and was pleased. Handy size and very simple to load and operate. Only thing missing is a lanyard or clip.

Hanks for the recomendation.

Lead Poison

Dub,

I'm glad you like the light. For the money, you can't beat them.

There are at least 3 different models. Some use AA and others use AAA batteries. They are all VERY BRIGHT!

My AA model with 115 lumens came with a small lanyard strap. The best thing about this light is it throws a full area spread of light up close, and it also projects a strong beam very far!

Good hunting, kill a big one! :cool:

Michael F. Gray

I own and use five Surefire models. I have replaced several incandescent bulbs with aftermarket high lumen LED modules powered by rechargeable batteries.[Make certain the batteries do not exceed specified voltage,...cheaper foreign batteries will burn out the LED module]. I carry one on my duty belt, have another clipped to the radio bracket in my patrol car to grab & run, and carry a third off duty. Forth is carried and used by my wife.Fifth is a Scout model attached to my AR. I have been well served by Surefire, and if I have to open a door to an unlighted building tonight, that's what I want in my hand.

hotrodford

If you like hands free, I'd have to go with the Browning Nitro. You won't believe the light you get from one 123 battery. Battery life isn't bad either. Throws a square beam, 2 levels plus blue and red. Even if the battery gets too weak for the 'white' beams, the red or blue will burn for hours. And it has a push button on top for on/off so you don't have to click it 14 times to turn it off...whatever setting you have it on when you turn it off is the same setting it goes to when you turn it back on. Mine is about 3 years old and gets used all the time.