Gheenoe Owners?

mrowland96

i really disagree about the flipping statement. my gheenoe is much more stable than a canoe or john boat. I've had two people stand up in it and bass fish. as for hitting something and turning sideways in a river?? well that could turn just about anything over. these boats do not capsize easily. heck, we made it through smith shoals when they were generating, we hit rocks and a tree
That's cause we got those mad River Skills....:hair:

creekrocket

I have a gheenoe and I flounder gig out of it. Had a 25hp on it before, it was a little rough to handle but would fly. Ive got a 6hp on it now and would love to be able to find a 9.9hp for it. As far as stability....Its just fine. It all depends on wether or not you and your buddy in it with you have sea legs or not. In my oppinion, I would take anyone with me to gig and not worry about it tipping. I also gig out of my Carolina skiff and Ive had guys wanna fall out of it too, so I think a lot of it depends on the person

creekrocket

Im not sure of the model number, but it was the 16 foot version. It ran fine, I think it was the Mercury that I had on it. I had to wrestle that thing the whole time.

redneckacorn

In my younger days I thought we might be part indian and so we ended up with several canoes, finally ended up with a flat back canoe of this same design, found me a nice old mercury 7.5 hp thunderbolt that winter and had him ready for the spring. When spring came I took it out a few times alone and it seemed fine, the first outing with my wife and son was to the Flint river around mitchell/ baker counties , to make a long story short the Flint took that boat from us and it almost didn't give my wife or son back. That was the last time we all went in any kind of canoe to a river that large. I still own a canoe and love to go in it, but when we go to larger rivers or lakes it stays home. The old Flint washed all my indian blood out I guess. You guys be careful, I don't care what anyone says for me a canoe wether sharp on both ends or flat on one is still a canoe and they will ALL flip. Just my 2 cents , not trying to hurt anyones feelings.

ngoodson

Banned
The Waterbug?

You're right Slab Slayer...Waterbugs are/were made around Statesboro...the company went out of business a few years ago. I've seen other "Waterbug" companies out there...but they're producing air boats, not Gheenoe styles.

I don't care what anyone says for me a canoe wether sharp on both ends or flat on one is still a canoe and they will ALL flip. Just my 2 cents , not trying to hurt anyones feelings.

Gheenoes/Riverhawks are not CANOES. There's a pretty big difference in strapping an outboard on a Gheenoe and strapping one onto a canoe. You couldn't pay me to take an outboard equipped canoe onto big water/rivers. I'd take the Gheenoe just about anywhere....including saltwater....and in most situations I'd probably be able to stand up and fish. As for tipping it....don't know how I'd be able to do it...it would take some work.

JohnK

Come to Allatoona on a holiday,get close to the channel and throw spoons at the hybrids. Better wear your life vest. Actually I had a riverhawk b60 for years and it is a fine craft. I would say that in a river it is more stable than a jon boat. It's not the riverhawk, it's all the nuts on the lake that get you in trouble.

Core Lokt

This is my duck hunting boat, river and lake fishing boat. Had it since 1988 and I've caught many a fish and killd lots of ducks out if it. I have a 32lb foot troller on the front and a 6hp kicker on the back. It can be flipped but it takes some work to do so.

32305IM000754.jpg