Guided Hunt Prices?

01Foreman400

Staff member
Do you think guided hunt prices will decrease in price next year due to the economy?

J

JR

Doubt it... Hunting is becoming more and more, a 'rich man's hobby'!!! Not to mention, more and more are saying forget the lease, camper, atv costs. I'll spend my entire 'season allowance' on ONE guided/outfitter trip.

Don't look for lower prices anytime soon, that is, if you're talking about quality locations.

TJay

That's an interesting question and one that I've thought about myself. If it did happen it would probably start with small private outfits, the bigger more established ones would probably try and cope by cutting services, i.e. fewer quides, lodging, food etc. And in places like Illinois where you can lease land yourself maybe lease prices will come down? We can always hope.:huh:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I honestly dont think they will.

theres really not a lot of money in them anyway...unless they are running a cattle farm or have massive trophy fees.

shdw633

I honestly dont think they will.

theres really not a lot of money in them anyway...unless they are running a cattle farm or have massive trophy fees.

I agree, plus with lease prices being what they are and most going up in price, guided hunts are becoming more and more attractive even at the higher prices.

MItransplant

Nope and I don't think it's becoming a rich mans sport.
What I do think is there are so many folks with so little time to hunt due to work family etc.
These land owners who often work year round to increase their deer herds quality deserve every penny they get.

If someone can't afford a good quality pay hunt there are still a ton of very affordable club leases out there.

GrandSlamHunter

Some of the guides I know in Illinois, especially the lower priced ones are already booked for next year. Landowners are talking lease price increases and leasors are afraid not to pay them because good leases are so hard to find.

I agree that with people losing jobs and the economy in such bad shape, you would think prices should come down, but I don't think they will.

shawn mills

Nope... Too many people out there with money willing to shell it out for a quality hunt.

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
The hunters who can afford to go will still pay the price. Some hunters either don't have as much time for hunting or don't want to spend as much time hunting. A guided hunt usually ups the odds they will get what they are after with less time invested.

bowandarrow

Love to spend time hunting but don't have the time to scout before the season and don't have a lease. Does anyone have recommendations for a quality outfitter in GA?

Boondocks

If property taxes go up,so will hunting leases.When was the last time you saw property taxes come down.It will only get more expensive to hunt.It is one great hobby to have though.

Jubal

Some outfitters have gone up in price. I can't blame them, if they don't own the land I can't imagine their expense in lease prices. And like Jim said, aint no money in cattle and corn...so sell them horns!

H2OFowler

I think you'll see some of the mid-level and inexpensive places have "sales", but not actually call it a reduction in price, per se. All the high-end places won't skip a beat. Don't know about y'all, but I'm still rich! :rolleyes:

10th Legion

some are feeling it

I have a friend who is an elk hunting guide in Wyoming. He said they had one group that gave up their deposit because they couldn't come up with the other half. He also said their bookings for next year are way off pace. Heard of another outfitter in nebraska who was offering half off a weeks hunt just so he could stay afloat. Tough times and no one is immune