Scouted Potential Lease and Need Advice

.308 Yota

I scouted some land I will possibly be leasing with some friends today and had a few questions as I am pretty new to hunting. It's about 300 acres in Floyd County near Rome. All hardwood mostly red and white oak. bordered by thick Pine on one side, the Coosa river on one side, and similar hardwoods on the other sides. it has a small creek running through it. my only big concern is it has two big mountains on it. Anyone over hunt the area or similiar terrain. Any advice is much appreciaited.

.308 Yota

**correction** anyone ever hunt similar terrain, not over hunt. sorry.

bowbuck

I hunt some similar land on the Chattahoochee River. The steep ridges make great funnels. With the oaks in good acorn years you are in the drivers seat on the food sources. I have always found lots of deer sign close to creeks and rivers. As an addition the thick pines give you edge to hunt b/c they might be using the pines as bedding areas, and traveling back and forth. Sounds like a decent piece of property to me, if you found deer sign when you looked at it.

.308 Yota

We found 2 old rub trees and saw a few tracks in the snow so GAME ON I guess. Thanks a lot!

Rich Kaminski

Sounds like a great find. Good luck and happy hunting.

satchmo

There are alot of deer and some good ones in Floyd county. We have a small tract close to walmart on hi 411 and it is covered with deer. The biggest problem I ever had out there is like everywhere else. When there is a large mast crop the deer don't move much. But come november, you'll be in the deer for sure. Good luck.

.308 Yota

we are going to plant some small food plots and put out some feeders maybe that will keep them moving a bit. I'll post some game cam pics as son as I get one set up on the property.