Dodge County

Status
Not open for further replies.

joemeadows

Thanks roscoe. I have about 20 contacts for land in dodge county. There is never anything available. I have a 305 acre trac available for 3000 no turkey rights. Located in greston.

EastmanFireFighter

Joe, I am looking for some land that me and my 6 yr old lil girl can hunt. I will take her a good bit on the weekends to hunt out of a ground blind. When goose and duck season start I stop deer hunting so I wont be hunting deer that much. If you know of anything let me know. Thanks!

chobrown

Its about 5 miles north of Eastman.

Chadx1981

I know Eastman firefighter and I appologize but we don't want locals because of many reasons. We are all hours and hours away and it's just not fair.

Chadx1981

Plus in the past we have had bad luck and can only learn from mistakes. In the past when there was locals they hunted the place all week and brought there friends and shot what they wanted left a bad taste ....just the facts

EastmanFireFighter

Fact of the matter is that not everyone is the same and you shouldn't judge me by what other people have done to you because I didn't do it. I am not some kind of person like that. I work for the federal government (at Robins ) so I have to have a clean background. I am a Captain in one of the fire depts in Dodge County, and I am the American Red Cross leader for Dodge, Bleckley, and Pulaski counties so I would say that I was different. I understand you guys having a sour taste but just understand my friend that everyone is not the same. I wouldnt hunt much once duck season came in as I travel all over hunting them. I was mainly wanting a place that I could have my lil girl sit with me in the evenings to hunt. Take care brother....

EastmanFireFighter

Anybody cruising this thread I wanted to ask if they have any openings on land in Dodge County. I am looking for me and my lil girl somewhere to hunt. We don't shoot small deer nor do we kill more than about 2 does a year. I am an avid duck hunter so when goose/duck season comes in you guys wont see me much. Thanks....

EastmanFireFighter

Roscoe, I could do that and I know the owners well. Chuck paved the way for me as a fireman snd I fought many a fire with him. Im sure I could just find some land but I want to find some with like minds so I am sure I won't go that route. I have had 200 acres in what some people say are "some of the best land in the county". I saw a ton of deer there every year and I have been able to teach my lil girl to be patient for the big bucks and enjoy the woods. I gave that land up this year because I got tired of trying to manage and the neighbors shooting everything. Another reason is because I am real funny about riding around in the woods during hunting season and the landowner would ride around while you were hunting or his mexicans would be in there raking straw all turkey season. Last season he needed some money so he came in and cut the timber during the rut and that did me in. My lil girl begged me not to leave the land but they wanted $3000 for right at 200 acres and it wasn't feasible as the deer only passed through there. They had no reason to stay because it was all pines. Doesn't appear me and daddy's baby will have anywhere to deer hunt this year.Thanks my friend

Status
Not open for further replies.