Batteries,,,,

Cmp1

BANNED
Rejuvenated 2 batteries, one for our tractor, and another one for the truck,,,, so far the one for the tractor is good to go,,,, gotta charge on the big one for the truck now, guess we'll see,,,, 50 - 50 chance,,,, any of you guys ever rejuvenated a battery?

WayneB

yes, no and sorta.

I've tried the restore feature on my smart charger a few times, it worked on the mower battery which was simply dead from neglect, kinda worked on old boat batteries, and blew one slap outta the battery tray on my RV when it cooked off all the scale and water.

Mine seems to pass 18v of AC while it charges in restore mode, I assume that is whats breaking up the deposit and scale buildup.

Years ago I had a charger with a cycle feature, it would charge, discharge, then recharge. It seemed to work better than my new fancy digital smart charger.

Cmp1

BANNED
yes, no and sorta.

I've tried the restore feature on my smart charger a few times, it worked on the mower battery which was simply dead from neglect, kinda worked on old boat batteries, and blew one slap outta the battery tray on my RV when it cooked off all the scale and water.

Mine seems to pass 18v of AC while it charges in restore mode, I assume that is whats breaking up the deposit and scale buildup.

Years ago I had a charger with a cycle feature, it would charge, discharge, then recharge. It seemed to work better than my new fancy digital smart charger.

It's amazing how much junk you get out of them, I should have got 4 bottles of distilled water,,,,

rospaw

Did a 36v golf cart a few months ago. Bought it and it would run about 10-20 mins on a full charge then die. You could watch the built on battery meter drop a notch every few mins.
Pulled about a quart of water/acid out of each of the 6 6volt batteries. Replaced it with a distilled water / epson salt mixture.

You must dissolve the salt over heat but do not boil. I used 4 parts water to 1 part salt. (gallon to quart) Poured the salt water mix in batt while still hot. Sealed the battery ans charged them.

Started off with fully charged battery bank was 37.8 one day and 37.5 volts another day. Best Charge i could get was 37.8. After doing the salt fix the first charge was 40.4. volts and more than doubled the run time. Every charge was getting better. I'm now at 41 .8 volts and 3-4 days running it and be at 50% battery life. (Guessing about 3 solid hours running).
Wife likes the elec over our other 3 gas golf carts/gator.

Cmp1

BANNED
Did a 36v golf cart a few months ago. Bought it and it would run about 10-20 mins on a full charge then die. You could watch the built on battery meter drop a notch every few mins.
Pulled about a quart of water/acid out of each of the 6 6volt batteries. Replaced it with a distilled water / epson salt mixture.

You must dissolve the salt over heat but do not boil. I used 4 parts water to 1 part salt. (gallon to quart) Poured the salt water mix in batt while still hot. Sealed the battery ans charged them.

Started off with fully charged battery bank was 37.8 one day and 37.5 volts another day. Best Charge i could get was 37.8. After doing the salt fix the first charge was 40.4. volts and more than doubled the run time. Every charge was getting better. I'm now at 41 .8 volts and 3-4 days running it and be at 50% battery life. (Guessing about 3 solid hours running).
Wife likes the elec over our other 3 gas golf carts/gator.

Nice,,,, well the big Interstate is good to go,,,, our ATV batt was bone dry,,,,