Hamburg State Park

Bream Pole

Rode up to Hamburg State Park with my wife yesterday. Its at least 2.5 hours from here and highway 15 after you leave Toombs county (Vidalia) is rough all the way. Have to wonder why its not being resurfaced since it is a major highway to UGA from South Ga and a huge GDOT building is in Tennill just before you get to Sandersville.

Camp was full. Lake is beautiful and very "fishy looking." However told by office fishing had been slow. Nice campground on lake. Boat ramp just adequate. Bought some grits and corn meal ground there in the restored mill. Then left and went further north and ate supper at a diner in Gibson called Scott's. Food was reasonably priced and good.

We have a 1997 Fleetwood Flair Motor Home, but wondered if would want to drive that far as rough as the road would be. One advantage is the park is virtually empty during the week according to the office and we go during the weed to avoid crowds usually. Also not sure I would want to drive that far for a day's fishing trip pulling my jon boat or kayak.

Anyway very nice park and beautiful, good fishing lake with 10 hp max. Lots of stumps so I would take it easy if running outboard.

I would certainly recommend after having visited it.

kranich

We absolutely love Hamburg State Park. We try to camp there 3 to 4 times a year. Fishing is hit and miss this time of year, but we have caught some big crappie out of there.

Cletus T.

We held our Spring Fling Bass Fishing trip there a little over a month ago. The fishing wasn’t the best but a 4-1/2 pounder did win the Big Bass pot!

We feel in love with the place and this won’t be our only time going there, I’m a Big Fan of Hamburg!