*Spring Fling 2023 Re-Cap / It was HUGE* (Pic Heavy)

Cletus T.

Well Folks – another Spring Fling Fishing trip is in the books. We held it at a new location this year which was out at Hard Labor State Park in Rutledge Ga. The place is laid out so nice and the big lake out there produced for us. Just about everybody in our group caught fish which is something that we have been struggling with the last few flings. I would venture to say that this was the best Fling we’ve had since we lost access to Big Sandy Plantation. My brother hasn’t caught a bass in a Fling for the last 3 years but this year within the first hour he already caught 3 bass. He was pumped. I was pumped for him! And there were several other people too that caught more fish this year during the Fling than they have in the past 5 or 6 flings. The weather was good though we did have to deal with a few passing storms.

We ate good – had wonderful fellowship – a pile of laughs and we caught fish. You can’t ask for anything better than that. We really do feel like it’s the best fling we’ve had in years.

Our tournament is a 1 Big Bass event. Whoever catches the biggest bass – WINS! And ole Lane caught one that almost weighed 8-pounds to win. (7lbs. 14 ozs.) She was one beautiful bass and was released to be caught by another angler one day. This puts Lane in a company all of his own - a 4-time winner!!! We have 2-guys that have won it 3-times but no 4-time winners........until now! Lane catches big fish everywhere he goes! J-Bird was 2nd place winner with a 3 Lb. 4 oz. large lipp and we had a pile of 2 to 2 ½ pounders caught. We fished the big lake out there – the small lake (Lake Brantley) and then we opened up the Reservoir since it’s only about a 10 min. ride from the Cabins / Campsites and it’s a HUGE lake and we’ve caught some really good bass there over the years.

We we’re able to rent the BBQ Shelter for our Banquet Night event when we crown the champion and hand out the Trophy and man – it laid out perfectly for us. It has a fire pit / smoking pit right there in the shelter with sinks and water and lights and plenty of seating – it laid out perfectly for us. We had a Special Guest come to Banquet Night this year too and help make it HUGE! He made Spring Fling Great Again! LOL!!! It looks like we have found a new home for our Spring Fling Fishing trip – at least for a few years. They have a beautiful Golf Course out there too and we got several guys in our group that love to play golf too so we mixed that in for the guys that wanted to hit the little white ball. With the nice cabins and the good fishing and the Golf – this place offers so much. It was the best Spring Fling we’ve had in years.

Here are some highlights of the event and it’s going to be Pic Heavy!!!!

Tight lines everybody – it’s getting good out there on the water!

Cletus

IMG_6859.jpg
IMG_6860.jpgIMG_6769.jpg
IMG_5894.jpgIMG_9288.jpg
IMG_4395.jpgIMG_4393.jpg
IMG_6770.jpgIMG_6779.jpg
IMG_6775.jpg

hawkeye123

A blast ! look forward to this post every year also! Glad the Donald got to make it! Did not know Lake Rutledge could handle his yacht!

ryork

Looks like a great time!! Getting that many folks together for an event such as that is a rare thing these days!

Cletus T.

No baseball cards this year? Dang
(If I have the right get-together)
Ha Ha - I always give out 5 goodie bags with fishing tackle and a couple old school packs and I did give them out again - just nobody opened them up at camp this year.

I appreciate Cletus being the head of the yearbook committee. If it weren`t for him, there`d be no recap to share. It was UGE! Everyone brought great energy, and the fish even cooperated to make it more enjoyable. Already can wait for next year!

Latest posts